TV Tropes

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Beware of a mod known as Fighteer - he, for whatever reason, has become notorious for treating people at TV Tropes like crap; there's even an entire Encyclopedia Dramatica article about it.
Oh, I think i've heard of him. I could've sworn he was fired, but I guess that was just wishful thinking, :stick_out_tongue:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh really? Hmm. May need to look into that. . . . If that's the case, maybe I can try to weasel my way back into that place. . . .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like it really was wishful thinking after all; he's still there, and still moderating.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Looks like it really was wishful thinking after all; he's still there, and still moderating.
I don't really edit that much, and instead just go there to look and add things I like. It's like Muppet Wiki where I do the same thing, which is add and browse.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Right, just read the article about him (well, part of it anyway) and... I don't get it. He's well known across the internet for being hated- why hasn't he gotten the shaft yet? Isn't there a whole group of mods that can vote to block him? Was he one of the founders? Are they low on staff?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The whole staff in general has really kind of just gone sour, but he in particular is not above taking out personal vendetta against members, and sometimes for the pettiest little reasons. Like me, for example, I was working on a YKTTW draft that apparently didn't go over too well, so he gave me my first suspension over that, but it seems like ever since then, he's just been looking for any minor infraction to get me with. My second suspension was over something that many other tropers are guilty of (and again, the rules were too vague about it), but he refused to lift my suspension the second time, because going over my history of like 3,000 or so edits and contributions over a three year period, he decided to hold old mistakes that I had since learned from and avoided as grounds for permanent suspension.

Oh, and don't dare try to call them out on their faults (like flip-flopping on their own rules), that'll only get you in deeper doggy doo.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Thank Glob I've never encountered anyone like this on the site. Then again, I haven't visited the forum in years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really, the first sign that things were beginning to go south at TV Tropes was when the staff suddenly began getting strict on not allowing sarcasm or cynicism on the wiki, which, uhh, is kind of what lured me to TV Tropes in the first place, because the whole wiki was just dripping with sarcasm and cynicism. They don't want that now, because they feel it makes the site "too complainy."

And they kind of started turning into Grammar Nazis as well: I got in trouble once for, "Using too many commas," even though when I took English in school, they said don't type too many short sentences, because it's not proper writing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, what if a bunch of people started putting pressure on them to shake up their staff? Maybe if enough people on and off the website complained enough, perhaps they'd do something. After all, they can't ban all of their users.