Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Radio on Radionomy

Status
Not open for further replies.

fragglevision

Reaction score
Muppet Central Radio just played the Arsenio Hall version of You and I and George and it was credited as "L'existence se danse" by Julio Iglesias. But why?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Central Radio just played the Arsenio Hall version of You and I and George and it was credited as "L'existence se danse" by Julio Iglesias. But why?
Long story short, Radionomy is in the process of making major updates to their system and how songs are identified on their servers. We've uploaded the correct info for this song, Radionomy was just displaying inaccurate info when you were listening. If you see this happen on any other tracks, please post here and let us know. We'll double-check that everything is good on our end.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure you're aware by now probably, but there's a number of instances where the song title and song haven't been matching.

For example, "Keep Fishin'" wast just "Weezer - ????" And right now, E&B's version of "What's the Name of That Song?" is listed as "Bernard-Pierre Donnadieu - La Cité De La Lumière Naissante."

gravy

Reaction score
I'm sure you're aware by now probably, but there's a number of instances where the song title and song haven't been matching.

For example, "Keep Fishin'" wast just "Weezer - ????" And right now, E&B's version of "What's the Name of That Song?" is listed as "Bernard-Pierre Donnadieu - La Cité De La Lumière Naissante."
I actually have quite a few screenshots...

and so on and so forth...

This really needs to be fixed.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Not again...

???·?????

Why isn't something being done about this already?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I wonder if I go on the Radionomy website, I will get the same thing or not.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you @Oscarfan, @gavry3 and @WhoseLineFan for the reports of inaccurate artist and title data. We've been working on the issue.

This is related to changes Radionomy began making in April. Their automated system has changed our track info on a large percentage of songs. At first, this was just affecting new songs. Now this is affecting all songs on their network.

We can fix this on most tracks, but it's a manual process of updating each song one-by-one. We've been going through our library of thousands of songs and will have them all updated in the days ahead. There are also a slight few inaccurate titles that we currently can't change. As you can imagine, this is a huge issue for all Radionomy producers. Radionomy is continuing to work on their software and song identification processes, so we're hopeful this will improve in the near future. In the meantime, we're doing what we can to make this better.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Thank you @Oscarfan, @gavry3 and @WhoseLineFan for the reports of inaccurate artist and title data. We've been working on the issue.

This is related to changes Radionomy began making in April. Their automated system has changed our track info on a large percentage of songs. At first, this was just affecting new songs. Now this is affecting all songs on their network.

We can fix this on most tracks, but it's a manual process of updating each song one-by-one. We've been going through our library of thousands of songs and will have them all updated in the days ahead. There are also a slight few inaccurate titles that we currently can't change. As you can imagine, this is a huge issue for all Radionomy producers. Radionomy is continuing to work on their software and song identification processes, so we're hopeful this will improve in the near future. In the meantime, we're doing what we can to make this better.
You're welcome @Phillip.

Status
Not open for further replies.