Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I vaguely remember seeing this episode on TV when it aired!

Though, I'm pretty sure I saw it when it aired as Episode 3173 in 1994, otherwise, I would have been too young to remember it as Episode 2912 in 1991.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
These had to have been made around the time they were shooting TMM/TMS. All the main guys were gone, so they couldn't come in for Ernie and Bert, Cookie, Kermit, Grover etc. bits, so they had use whatever "new kids" they had for puppteering. I see no other explanation of doing (at least) four separate things of this except they had no main performers around and needed new material.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
You know, I realized that maybe we didn't get any other characters in these sketches except maybe for Grover and Elmo.
Hopefully we'll find out one day.

These had to have been made around the time they were shooting TMM/TMS. All the main guys were gone, so they couldn't come in for Ernie and Bert, Cookie, Kermit, Grover etc. bits, so they had use whatever "new kids" they had for puppteering. I see no other explanation of doing (at least) four separate things of this except they had no main performers around and needed new material.
Too true. I've been thinking the same thing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Over the years, every once in a while, I've seen people say that the linking footage from the episode "Sing-Along" originated as an episode of the show. But now I've found this video of some of the street scenes, and it has the standard "Sesame Street was brought to you today by...." ending.

At first, I wondered if maybe it was a fan-made edit (after all, the audio could have come from any episode with those sponsors, the letters could have been photoshopped... but if it was an edit, the Sesame Street and Children's Television Workshop logos would have been really well-edited into the footage). Then I compared the end of it to the ending of the video, and this version has a little more footage at the very end that was not on the video (though the sponsor announcement drowns out Maria criticising Biff and Sully and Biff telling her he calls himself a republican). It's been a few years since I last watched Sing-Along, but I thought the last few seconds of footage looked longer than what's on the video.

It's a shame that we still don't know what episode number it is. It seems this was taken from an incomplete copy (which also seems to be missing the intro to "Doin' the Pigeon", unless that was an oversight by the uploader). I wonder what segments were in the episode version.

Another thing I wondered was if maybe it was produced as a home video first and then they re-used the linking footage for an actual episode. Not sure how likely that would have been, but it is an interesting thought.

Katzi428

Reaction score
The episodes aren't really lost, they're just stored away and not publicly available.
One of them includes the rarely seen Song Of One (thank :jim: it's on the Sesame Street 40 years Anniversary Set ) Now answer this question for me. What kind of clumsy baker falls down the stairs with 1 wedding cake?
(and for my REALLY old school SS watchers...did you ever try to imitate said baker? A friend of mine that's not here on MC tried doing it & got into trouble!)