When you need to rant...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I just don't understand the appeal of giant boobs.
"Y'ever noticed that people against giant boobs are people with tiny ones?" :stick_out_tongue:

Just teasing. Coming from a male perspective, my preference is medium-sized, but like D'Snowth said, people who actually give a crap about boobs regarding kid shows and stuff should probably rethink their lives a little.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I have a rant that's been bugging me for quite a long time. Why do people look for hidden sexual meanings in kids cartoons? Why do they turn something innocent into something disgusting and possibly X-rated?
My theory is that many of the Puritans who froth at the mouth over supposed "adult images" in kids' shows are way, way too repressed for their own (or anyone else's) good. Like the Falwell crowd who believed back-masking hid Satanic subliminal messages in perfectly innocent rock songs, these folk simply see the Debbil everywhere once they've had their heads stuffed full of the idea of sin.

Do I enjoy adult cartoons? Have I written adult Muppet fics? Yep. But I don't believe that lurking beneath every Looney Toon is a slavering demon just waiting to lure kiddies astray.

On a related note, one of the things I love about the band Ghost is their completely over-the-top Satanic lyrics and imagery. No back-masking for these guys, it's all in your face!

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I have a rant that's been bugging me for quite a long time. Why do people look for hidden sexual meanings in kids cartoons? Why do they turn something innocent into something disgusting and possibly X-rated?
I know what you mean. Reminds me of when people were freaking out over the original VHS cover for The Little Mermaid. They thought that one part of the castle in the background looked like a you-know-what-that-grows-between-a-man's-legs.

It also bugs me when people try to find demonic or "Illuminati" signs in kids shows. A while back, I saw a video on YouTube of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse that was basically like: "Look at this scooter (no, not :wink:). The wheels have bolts that are triangle shaped. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!!"

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Something similar, that didn't have any harmful consequences: back in October 1969, when the Beatles released their "Abbey Road" album, rumors grew to an epic scale that Paul McCartney was dead.

A DJ in Detroit named Russ Gibb received an anonymous phone call that claimed Paul kicked the bucket, and there were clues to be found on the last few Beatle albums to support his claim.

On the Abbey Road cover, the Beatles crossing the street in a funeral procession. John was the minister, Ringo was the undertaker, Paul was the corpse, George was the gravedigger.
Paul is out of step with the others, holding a cigarette in his right hand (Paul is left-handed), and was barefoot (in Sicily, the dead are buried without shoes, supposedly).

In the background, there's a Volkswagen Beetle (Beatle?) with a license plate that says 28 IF. Paul would've been 28 if he was still alive Actually he was only 27, but the rumormongers claim in some gypsy cultures you get a free year for your time in the womb).

Other claims, found on their Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour albums are more far-fetched, but a number of people, just by suggestion, took it as gospel.

At the end of "Strawberry Fields", John Lennon was heard saying "I buried Paul", but has since been revealed as "cranberry sauce". Debunk this one.
On the White Album, if you played the record backwards (you need an LP and a turntable to do this today) the voice saying "Number Nine" on "Revolution 9" sounds like "Turn me on dead man".
It was also hinted that between "I'm So Tired" and "Blackbird" there's a few seconds of gibberish, played backwards sounds like "Paul is dead, miss him miss him".

Little sprinkles of lyrics were supposed to reveal the whole story of Paul's death.
Supposedly Paul was driving on November 8, 1966, and at "Wednesday morning at 5 o'clock" crashed his car.

"He blew his mind out in a car, he didn't notice that the lights have changed".
There was a car crash that day, but the victim was one Tara Browne, who was to be an heir to the Guinness fortune. Debunk this one.

Supposedly, the three surviving Beatles ("One and one and one is three") couldn't face telling the world that Paulie bought the farm, so they hired a lookalike/soundalike named William Campbell, carried on as if nothing happened, and gradually leaked out clues over the next few years.

The rumor did give a boost to record sales (after any famous artist dies, their catalog usually spikes. Look at Prince and David Bowie last year).

The Beatles themselves were the first to say it was all bull crap.
Paul: "If I were dead I'd be the last to know".
John: "Rumors are started by people with nothing better to do than form clubs and study rocks".

Could there be innuendos/satanic messages in Disney cartoons, or anywhere? Yes, if you're willing to believe it. Doesn't necessarily make it true.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Sorry if someone already brought this up, but it has irked me for a while:

Why do all the non-Disney CGI kids movies these days just have to have SNL cast members or popular stand up comedians doing the voices? Is it just supposed to be appealing to the parents or something? I just don't quite get it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Why do all the non-Disney CGI kids movies these days just have to have SNL cast members or popular stand up comedians doing the voices? Is it just supposed to be appealing to the parents or something? I just don't quite get it.
Probably so.

mr3urious

Reaction score

I really don't mind it myself, even though I would love to see more professional VAs in animated films voice major characters. Comedians have some of the best kinds of voices when it comes to voice acting, as theirs are distinctive enough to work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Why do all the non-Disney CGI kids movies these days just have to have SNL cast members or popular stand up comedians doing the voices?
Yes, I've brought this up I don't know how many times before - it's almost as if it's some sort of an unwritten rule for animated movies now. Even animated series in some cases, such as how Kristen Wiig voiced Lola and Fred Armisen voiced Speedy Gonzales on THE LOONEY TUNES SHOW.