The Muppets and YouTube.com

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Linking scenes from Rowlf's Rhapsodies with the Muppets:

Quite a few interesting things about this. I always expected Fozzie's cameo to be to introduce one of the two Fozzie clips that appear in the video as opposed to a random non-Fozzie clip. Scooter seems to be a bit funnier than usual (and during the end credits, as he's laughing, I feel like he's more like a Fraggle, I guess it comes from the shape of his head). Interesting that Gonzo doesn't want to get blown up. In most of the Playhouse Videos I've seen, the end credits use the fifth season closing theme (a few videos use variations of the theme music, and Country Music uses Happy Trails for the end credits), but this one uses the version introduced in season three (I feel the last season version, with Lips' trumpet solo, works best for wild closing credits sequences like on this and many of the other Playhouse Videos).

I was also surprised to see Peter Friendman credited among the performers. Most of the videos only list the same eight performers, so it's interesting to see him credited with them (he wasn't credited in Children's Songs and Stories, which featured him in "I'm My Own Grandpa"), though Rock Music with the Muppets does list "Graham Fletcher as Fletcher Bird" under the Muppet Performers credit. I was also surprised to see James Thurman listed under writers. I wondered if this was the same Jim Thurman who wrote for Sesame Street, as I don't remember knowing him as a TMS writer (and I briefly wondered if he wrote linking footage, though his writers credit comes under the TMS credits), but then I checked Muppet Wiki and saw that he did write in a few episodes during season four.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been wanting to see that again for a long time. There were lyrics that I couldn't remember after all these years, but the few words I could remember are exactly as I remember them (there's many instances where I'll go years thinking a line from something was said one way, then see it again and find that I was wrong).

I remember seeing a Muppetzine article that mentioned these commercials, which I recall misquoting Fozzie's line "and you can get a free watch" as "and you can get free watches", I remember remembering it differently, and that's one of the things that really made me want to see it again (and I was the one who was right).

I'd also been curious about Waldorf's dubbed line in this. For years, I'd been remembering it sounding like Jim's Waldorf, which couldn't have been done, and listening to it here, it is clearly Dave's, but otherwise he sings the line like I had remembered. I guess part of that is due to it being one of Dave's first vocal performances as the character (at the time, I had only seem The Muppet Christmas Carol once and might have forgotten about how significantly different Statler and Waldorf sounded there). With the way Waldorf sings that line (seems there's a space between syllables, or maybe that's just me), I wondered if they just took existing recordings of him saying all those words and put them together, but no, it was newly-recorded.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been wanting to see that again for a long time. There were lyrics that I couldn't remember after all these years, but the few words I could remember are exactly as I remember them (there's many instances where I'll go years thinking a line from something was said one way, then see it again and find that I was wrong).

I remember seeing a Muppetzine article that mentioned these commercials, which I recall misquoting Fozzie's line "and you can get a free watch" as "and you can get free watches", I remember remembering it differently, and that's one of the things that really made me want to see it again (and I was the one who was right).

I'd also been curious about Waldorf's dubbed line in this. For years, I'd been remembering it sounding like Jim's Waldorf, which couldn't have been done, and listening to it here, it is clearly Dave's, but otherwise he sings the line like I had remembered. I guess part of that is due to it being one of Dave's first vocal performances as the character (at the time, I had only seem The Muppet Christmas Carol once and might have forgotten about how significantly different Statler and Waldorf sounded there). With the way Waldorf sings that line (seems there's a space between syllables, or maybe that's just me), I wondered if they just took existing recordings of him saying all those words and put them together, but no, it was newly-recorded.
Glad to help minor muppetz:smile:

Here's more - enjoy:
1m18s in

1m56sin

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Glad to help minor muppetz:smile:

Here's more - enjoy
I figured one of them would be that TV spot for The Muppet Movie VHS release, I've been looking for that one online for years (every time I saw it on TV, I actually didn't get to see the end). I also recall a TV ad for the 1993 VHS release of The Great Muppet Caper, an ad which I only remember seeing once.

But I don't remember knowing about that ad with Kermit singing about the videos to the tune of the theme song at all.