A Public Appeal from D'Snowth

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I've tried to be understanding and helpful, but I'm getting tired of the bombardments I'm getting from people, so I'm finally going to break silence, and just come forward publically with this appeal:

People - please stop contacting me about trading/sharing/copying/archiving SST episodes. I know I have certain episodes (or at least parts of episodes) that a lot of you want to see, and I can understand you want them, but the thing of it is, I have a life outside this forum, and I've got a lot going on in that life to have to worry about getting this-and-that episode for such-and-such person. I'm sorry, but I just don't have the extra energy or time to fool around with that stuff right now. I'm not trying to come across as a mean, selfish jerk here, and I have been polite and patient with a lot of you, but I really want this to stop; I'm sorry if you don't like it.

Rohail Hashmi on YouTube is evidently reuploading episodes I previously had on YouTube back in the day before SW started dishing out copyright strikes, so I suggest you subscribe to his/her channel to see if anymore of the episodes I previously shared with people are uploaded in the future.

That's all I have to say. I'd appreciate it if Phil or Ed could lock this thread without deleting it, because nothing more needs to be said.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It blows my mind that even after I tell people to stop, they still continue to contact me, as if I'm going to change my mind: I'm not changing my mind. Stop contacting me!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It blows my mind that even after I tell people to stop, they still continue to contact me, as if I'm going to change my mind: I'm not changing my mind. Stop contacting me!
Is there anything I can do to help ya....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do they acknowledge this thread when they contact you?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No. But it's like on YouTube as well: I've made public videos telling people to stop asking me to upload SST episode since SW has given me copyright strikes before, and they're still like, "Well, we'll wait until you change your mind then."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No. But it's like on YouTube as well: I've made public videos telling people to stop asking me to upload SST episode since SW has given me copyright strikes before, and they're still like, "Well, we'll wait until you change your mind then."
I've seen those kinds of comments on many YouTube videos of Sesame Street material.

There used to be a few people who would keep sending me private messages either asking me to help them with a fan fic or giving me ideas for fan fics. Even after I told them that I wasn't really accepting ideas for fan fiction from others, didn't feel like helping with their fan fics, and even getting some weird requests.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes, that's happened to me before in the past as well. Not among this fandom, mind you, but nevertheless.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I've gotten comments like that on my YT, where I've put up some Muppet material here and there. I just let 'em talk and ignore 'em, cause most of the requests are for stuff that's impossible to find anyway. It's not my obligation, and neither is it yours.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I too have gotten my fair share of comments requesting material that I (nor anybody outside of SW's archive) don't have. At first I had to tell everyone that I don't have anything super obscure, but I don't go on YouTube that often anymore, so of course I just ignore those types of comments nowadays.

@D'Snowth I remember in the video you posted asking people to stop requesting Sesame material, you mentioned that SW has gotten equally strict about people uploading content on DailyMotion. Not that I don't believe you, but how did you find out about that factor?