HEH! Work It's been Canceled!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Another objective opinion. :wink:
Well, we can at least agree that a majority of today's shows get more praise than the ones from, say, twelve years ago. Heck, it wasn't even just adult shows- even Cartoon Network, Disney, and Nickelodeon hit low points around that time

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Looks like Last Man Standing, The Real O'Neals, and to my surprise, the Matthew Perry remake of The Odd Couple are just some of the many recent shows to get canceled.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, apparently Tim Allen and his fans are pulling a Trump and blaming the liberal media for canceling LAST MAN STANDING. No, really, they are.

As for THE ODD COUPLE, while I'm not surprised about it getting canceled, I'm surprised it did as well as it did (albeit 2-3 seasons) - not because it's a remake (because there's been a number of different Felix's and Oscar's over the years aside from Tony Randall and Jack Klugman), but the premise just doesn't work as well as it did in decades past when divorce was taken more seriously, and was actually something of a taboo subject for fiction - especially since ABC, in the 70s, was still the mostly family-friendly network, and the idea of two (divorced) men living together was more tongue-in-cheek.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, apparently Tim Allen and his fans are pulling a Trump and blaming the liberal media for canceling LAST MAN STANDING. No, really, they are.

As for THE ODD COUPLE, while I'm not surprised about it getting canceled, I'm surprised it did as well as it did (albeit 2-3 seasons) - not because it's a remake (because there's been a number of different Felix's and Oscar's over the years aside from Tony Randall and Jack Klugman), but the premise just doesn't work as well as it did in decades past when divorce was taken more seriously, and was actually something of a taboo subject for fiction - especially since ABC, in the 70s, was still the mostly family-friendly network, and the idea of two (divorced) men living together was more tongue-in-cheek.
What do you mean by that?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Tim Allen and his fans are blaming the liberal media for canceling the show - apparently because Tim himself is an outspoken conservative, the show itself appeals moreso to a conservative audience, and many conservatives believe liberals control the media, they're all blaming the liberal media for the show's cancelation.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Tim Allen and his fans are blaming the liberal media for canceling the show - apparently because Tim himself is an outspoken conservative, the show itself appeals moreso to a conservative audience, and many conservatives believe liberals control the media, they're all blaming the liberal media for the show's cancelation.
So blaming the democrats then?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dear God in Heaven above, THE BIG DANG THEORY is getting a spinoff!!!

What have we done to deserve this?!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheldon was already the unofficial star of the show . . . that'd be like M*A*S*H doing a spinoff about Hawkeye, or CHEERS doing a spinoff about Sam Malone.

But hey, apparently 2 BROKE HOES has been canceled as well.