New Dark Crystal Series Coming to Netflix

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of course it gets dumped straight to Netflix where only a small percentage of the public will actually see it, and then we wonder why JHC struggles to keep anything afloat.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If Netflix was not a viable platform, they wouldn't be creating original content.

This is what's "in" right now. JHC is making a smart move here.

And stuff on Netflix finds its way to getting onto DVD eventually.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
On the contrary, there are a lot of good shows on Netflix, from Stranger Things to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and House of Cards. Henson is doing the smart thing.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
On the contrary, there are a lot of good shows on Netflix, from Stranger Things to Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and House of Cards. Henson is doing the smart thing.
This user is 100% right. This is incredible news for us, I hadn't even hoped for anything like this since the sequel was shelved. This is so, so amazing.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I don't care where it's happening, as long as it's happening at all! I only woke up 5 minutes ago and just learned the best news I've heard in two years! This will keep me going for the rest of the month, I swear!

rexcrk

Reaction score
Of course it gets dumped straight to Netflix where only a small percentage of the public will actually see it, and then we wonder why JHC struggles to keep anything afloat.
I think you underestimate how popular Netflix is...

Anyway, cool news. I don't love The Dark Crystal, but I certainly respect the work that Jim Henson put into creating the world (I've always thought the special effects and just atmosphere in general were out of this world cool).

I'll definitely check it out once it drops.

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I'm just happy to have anything from the World of DC! (especially after the second movie was ditched) I'll sign up for Netflix just to watch it and then buy it on Blu Ray as well!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Henson had huge success with Netflix and Julie's Green Room. Netflix is going to be a great place for the Dark Crystal.
Who knows if this is a success we just might get that Fraggle movie.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Speaking of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, I just watched the episode where Bill Barretta made a special guest appearance as a Sesame Street exec which one of the characters auditions for.

Things got very creepy, very quickly.