None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
This week is supposed to be really nice in fact. You see, I do not like winter but I do love it when it get wicked gorgeous out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We unnecessarily set a record high today of 78 degrees in February, this has never happened before. :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uhhh . . . it's . . . already in the 90s today . . . which . . . I . . . I can't remember the last time it already jumped into the 90s this early in the year. . . . We're accordingly fifteen degrees above average again now.

What is going on? I thought Trump signed that Executive Order that said Climate Change doesn't exist anymore? Did he lie to us again? :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Can't blame Trump for Climate Change. It's 95 degrees up here too.
Bound to happen. It was below average all spring, so now we're getting a taste of summer.

I stopped worrying about the weather long ago.
You might not like it, but you have no power to change it, so why worry?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Can't blame Trump for Climate Change. It's 95 degrees up here too.
It was a joke. :stick_out_tongue:
It was below average all spring
Not here it wasn't. Matter of fact, we were above average for a majority of the month of April - I can't remember a warmer Easter.

Really, we were only below average for the first week of May. March is always an unpredictable month for us, but it was very pleasant this year: it made up for the above average spurts we had in January and February.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Visiting Washington DC today. It was in the middle 90s, which is especially unpleasant when you have to walk to get anywhere.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
D.C. has been aggrivating me lately . . . they're usually always warmer than we are, and that's something that's been going on for years, but there's been a lot of occasions within the last couple of years where they'll be far cooler than us for whatever reason.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
In NH here, it was really hot. The balls of my feet are really hurting me at the moment from wearing memory foam high heels. Guess that they were really uncomfortable to walk in according to my mother.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:sigh:

Things were going so well up until today: we were actually below average all June long - not only is something like this rare, but we haven't had such a June (let alone such a summer) in about eleven or twelve years, I'm not exaggerating! Not only that, but the below average streak had continued into the first week of July as well: this is the longest streak of below average conditions and temps in summer we've had since, well, Climate Change made our summers even hotter, which, again, has been about eleven or twelve years; while mostly in the 80s, we've even had a few random days here and there where it was in the 70s - it's all been so swell.

But, alas, the streak has been broken, the fun is over, and the actual summer-like temps had to remind us that they still exist - I guess it had to jump up into the 90s eventually.

At least we had summer suffering reduced by almost half the amount of time - too bad the streak continue for at least another week and reduce it by an even half.

But I'm really scared about September since, once again, they're forecasting/predicting another above average September again this year, which will be the fourth year in a row, and last year was the worst . . . matter of fact, it keeps getting worse and worse each year . . . so, does that mean September will be entirely canceled this year? Will we go from August to another August then skip to October? I hope not!

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My area sometimes gets bombarded by the humidity, and it gets super gross in July and August, and even into October! It's not too bad, per se, but having to go out in it . . . . blecccchhhhh!