The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The Emoji Movie looks AWFUL. Why did Hollywood think a movie about emojis would be a good idea? Why can't they make a movie about MC smilies instead!? :concern: :mad: :sympathy: :rolleyes: :eek: :sleep: :boo: :skeptical: :grr: :frown: :grouchy:
I agree. And the reasons why are probably money, popularity, and Hollywood is running out of ideas.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
^ There. That.

Hollywood has come to a point where it's not even about quality or storytelling anymore, it's all about profits and revenue.

Well, actually, Hollywood has been guilty of this for a long time now, it just seems more blatant now that just about any random and insignificant thing you can imagine under the sun is being turned into a movie. Heck, they're probably already working on a fidget spinners movie as we speak.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
^ There. That.

Hollywood has come to a point where it's not even about quality or storytelling anymore, it's all about profits and revenue.
Well, like I just said, at least Disney is still making good movies in my opinion. But, Pixar, do we REALLY need a Cars 3?? I just hope Coco is good.

But about the Emoji Movie, I still think it's gonna be even worse than Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure, but who knows? It could end up being funny after all. But I wouldn't get my hopes up about it.

Heck, they're probably already working on a fidget spinners movie as we speak.
What's with those fidget spinners, anyway? Why do all the elementary school kids want one all of a sudden? It's just like when Silly Bands were the big thing in elem. school.

mr3urious

Reaction score
And if filmgoers want more "originality" in American cinema, they need to vote with their dollars and go see those original films whenever they do crop up. After all, money talks.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
The Emoji Movie looks AWFUL. Why did Hollywood think a movie about emojis would be a good idea? Why can't they make a movie about MC smilies instead!? :concern: :mad: :sympathy: :rolleyes: :eek: :sleep: :boo: :skeptical: :grr: :frown: :grouchy:
I agree. Not only is it a bad idea, but itlooks like a major Inside Out ripoff. Some of the characters look similar to ones from that movie, and some of the humans resemble Riley's classmates!
I'm looking forward to that film! After seeing the trailer, I've become even more excited about it. The fact that it has Kevin Hart and Kristen freaking Schaal in it is enough to make me want to see it but the fact that they finally made a movie out of one of my favorite childhood book series that I've always thought would work well in movie form is awesome! Captain Underpants meets Kristen Schaal a.k.a the woman who's on almost everything I like! Yes please! Kristen has been on The Muppets, Bob's Burgers, Gravity Falls, The Last Man on Earth, The Simpsons, Shrek, Despicable Me, and a few others, so that gives me even higher hopes for the film than I had before.
I agree! Captain Underpants looks promising, and reminds me of the Peanuts movie!

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I agree. Not only is it a bad idea, but itlooks like a major Inside Out ripoff. Some of the characters look similar to ones from that movie, and some of the humans resemble Riley's classmates!
I was thinking it was more of a ripoff of the Lego Movie (the titles are similar, the plots are kinda similar, that girl emoji looks a lot like Wyldstyle), but now that I think about it, it does kinda seem like an Inside Out ripoff, too.