New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Mike!
I grew up with Sesame Street and watched the Muppets when they first came out. Life long fan of Jim Henson and everyone that has had the creativity to bring them to life! I'm an actor/comedian and a sometime writer, but my wife is the real talent there! Which brings me to this point here. I'm going to turn her children's books into a show! Originally I was going to cartoon route, but after a quick visit with Mike Quinn at an event I was inspired to go with Muppets! So be prepared to have me asking about builds and any info I can get to make this show the best! It's going to be a long journey but I think in the end a very satisfying one!
That's awesome! And welcome to the forum by the way.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
KissCartoon did not get shut down. Last time I checked, the site was still up.
No, KissCartoon got shut down, because i think it got too many copyright strikes. I'm pretty sure KimCartoon is by the same people behind KissCartoon, and that it's their new site. Do NOT go to the KissCartoon with ".io" at the end, it's fake and loaded with pop-ups and viruses.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
No, KissCartoon got shut down, because i think it got too many copyright strikes. I'm pretty sure KimCartoon is by the same people behind KissCartoon, and that it's their new site. Do NOT go to the KissCartoon with ".io" at the end, it's fake and loaded with pop-ups and viruses.
I'm on KissCartoon right now and I am not getting any pop-ups and viruses at all. The site doesn't like fake at all to me in my opinion.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Hey there guys. I'm JJ and a new member from the UK.

I've loved the muppets since I was teeny. So much so, that I wanted to be Kermit when I grew up (and I guess, I still do!)

I'm a Fraggle fan... and I love all muppets from Sesame Street to Avenue Q!

And... I build my own muppet characters!
I have a new youtube channel starting this summer, so when it's up and running I'll point you all in it's direction!

Pleased to meet you!
JJx
Excellent. Welcome in!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
:news: THIS JUST IN: new members posting on the MC boards in droves!

*an attack drone swoops over the Newsman; he yelps and ducks*

:news: *from under his desk* I said DROVES! DROVES!

*a flight of doves swoops in, and "decorates" the desk with whitish glops*

:news: ...forget it... Anyway, welcome all. Sorry about the mess.

Cooper Graves

Reaction score
Hello Muppet Central! I found this wonderful site last night, and have been going nuts over it! I started watching the Sesame Street when I was a baby, and my grandma made me an Elmo plush, as well as Elmo pajamas for me (and matching ones for Elmo!). When I was in first grade I started watching the Muppet Show as well as Fraggle Rock (my great grandparents had all of them on DVD). I have always been interested in making my own Muppets, as close as they can be to in the show. I am 17 and don't have a lot of money, so I am limited on supplies and patterns. For my first build I am using my 1978 Animal Fisher Price, and adding wires as well as Ostrich Feathers to his head (that is what the original animal was made out of). Then I'd like to build a muppet from scratch. Does anyone have any ideas who to start with? I am thinking Elmo, because he was always my best friend and seems easy enough. Does anyone have any tips/free patters/dimensions for me? Anything would be lovely. So happy to have found this site and looking forward to some cool builds:smile:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Hello Muppet Central! I found this wonderful site last night, and have been going nuts over it! I started watching the Sesame Street when I was a baby, and my grandma made me an Elmo plush, as well as Elmo pajamas for me (and matching ones for Elmo!). When I was in first grade I started watching the Muppet Show as well as Fraggle Rock (my great grandparents had all of them on DVD). I have always been interested in making my own Muppets, as close as they can be to in the show. I am 17 and don't have a lot of money, so I am limited on supplies and patterns. For my first build I am using my 1978 Animal Fisher Price, and adding wires as well as Ostrich Feathers to his head (that is what the original animal was made out of). Then I'd like to build a muppet from scratch. Does anyone have any ideas who to start with? I am thinking Elmo, because he was always my best friend and seems easy enough. Does anyone have any tips/free patters/dimensions for me? Anything would be lovely. So happy to have found this site and looking forward to some cool builds:smile:
Welcome to Muppet Central!