You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's the episode of FRASIER where Niles plans this big, elaborate proposal for Daphne, only to discover she's fallen sick; during the tag of the episode, Niles and Daphne cuddle and smooch on the couch, while Frasier tries desperately to sneak everybody out of the apartment without being noticed. My thinking is, though, if Daphne is so sick, wouldn't cuddling and smooching her make Niles sick as well?

It crossed my mind after watching an interview with Bryan Cranston, in which he said Julia Louis-Dreyfus was sick when filming the SEINFELD episode "The Label Maker," where they had to kiss in a scene, and sure enough, Bryan ended up sick as a result as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So some grocery stores now have buggies that have wheels that will automatically lock up if you try to steal them from the store . . . now, as much as that sounds like a good idea to keep homeless bums and little old ladies from stealing them, how do the buggies even know they're being stolen? They're not alive, they have no senses, how can their wheels lock up if they're stolen? Do they have some sort of chip implanted into them that alerts them that they're being stolen? And how do the wheels even lock up anyway? They all always have one bad wheel anyway, how about they rig them to where if you try to steal them, that one bad wheel just falls off completely, and then you'd be so frustrated trying to push a three-wheeled buggy, you'd just give up and move on without it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why are some people so butthurt over how other people treat their pets? I mean, what's the big deal if pet lovers regard their furry friends as one of the family? Aren't pets part of the family anyway? What is so horrible about people who are like, "My Fluffikins isn't just a pet, she's my baby!"? What, are some people just so lonely without having a pet of their own they have to attack other pet lovers out of jealousy? Why are "pet parents" who have "fur babies" something to debate about anyway?

I'm glad this wasn't a thing when my bunnies were alive: I'd hate to have to put up with people blowing up at me for talking about they were my "flesh and bun."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Sorry if i'm being a little too personal here but... is it just me or have kids gotten really fat recently? Like, I know childhood obesity has been a major problem for years, but, it seems like it's gotten even worse in the past few years. It seems like these days I see more chubby kids than thin ones. But, maybe it's just because of where I live? Maybe i'm just starting to notice it? I dunno...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Sorry if i'm being a little too personal here but... is it just me or have kids gotten really fat recently? Like, I know childhood obesity has been a major problem for years, but, it seems like it's gotten even worse in the past few years. It seems like these days I see more chubby kids than thin ones. But, maybe it's just because of where I live? Maybe i'm just starting to notice it? I dunno...
It's probably just where you live, wherever it may be. There hasn't really been any significant change in children's weight levels nationwide for at least a decade, according to studies like this. It may even be dropping among poor people.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...4&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=@jama_current

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/07/h...children.html?smid=tw-nytimeshealth&seid=auto

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It's probably just where you live, wherever it may be. There hasn't really been any significant change in children's weight levels nationwide for at least a decade, according to studies like this. It may even be dropping among poor people.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...4&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=@jama_current

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/07/h...children.html?smid=tw-nytimeshealth&seid=auto
Well that's good. Slow yet steady progress (hopefully).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seems like whenever American shows are dubbed in German, the titles are always changed in some way. Like HOGAN'S HEROES, for example: in Germany, the title is Ein Käfig voller Helden, which translates into A CAGE FULL OF HEROES. Even more drastic, TWO AND A HALF MEN is MEIN COOLER ONKEL CHARLIE, which translates into MY COOL UNCLE CHARLIE . . . and what about those seasons where Charlie was killed off and replaced with Ashton Kutcher who couldn't make up his mind what he wanted to look like?