Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm noticing some of NantoVision's videos disappearing again.
Hmm... I might know why that is. Sesame Workshop probably told NantoVision to take them down which that user might have done or SW nuked the videos due to copyright.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Guessing this was based off of the song OR the song was based off of this story.
When I said "I wonder" I wasn't referring to this specific episode. I was talking about the fact that SW just uploaded a full episode, and it makes me wonder if they're going to start uploading random full episodes on Fridays from now on.

ssetta

Reaction score
They just uploaded another one last Friday, episode 4154: The Amazing Alphabet Race. I would love to see them upload some classic episodes that have not yet surfaced, though I'm not sure how realistic that is. I'm guessing that they may not consider episodes from the 2000s to be "classic." I've seen them upload clips from the 2000s (and sometimes even the late 90s) on days other than Thursday.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Imma throw this math out again, since I guess I have to all the time:

There was no discernible "classic" period, except what the fans considered. When SS.org relaunched in 2008, "classic" applied to all material before fall 1993 (Season 25); a 15 year difference.

Now, it's been nearly ten years since that. Does the "classic" mark stay where it was, or does it continue moving forward as the show does? Because now, the difference between "classic" (1993) and "current" (2017) is 24 years.

So, some may bristle at something from 2000 being considered "classic," but if something from 1993 was considered "classic" by 2008, shouldn't something from 2000 be considered classic by 2015, since there's the same time gap?

Yeah, stuff from the 70s and 80s will always be "Old School," but that doesn't mean something from 1996 or 2004 can't be considered the same as the show continues.