I won't be posting anymore...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Wow, 801 posts in... that's kind of a lot for a thread about people leaving the forum. All I can say @jvcarroll is that if you do come back, I'll most likely still be here to welcome you back. Take care!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, 801 posts in... that's kind of a lot for a thread about people leaving the forum.
Yeah, but you have to take into consideration that this is a ten-year old thread, and we've seen a lot of members over the years depart us for one reason or another - in addition to other members' reactions to said departures.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well it's not exactly all of a sudden. Sarge and Charlie really haven't been posting much recently, and this place has been having a lot of problems for a long time. So I completely understand and respect their decisions to leave.

This place just isn't as fun as it used to be, and the people here aren't as close as they once were.
Within the last four years, we've lost a lot of members, some left because they're were too many arguments, others left due to being unhappy with the way some of the moderators handled some issues, some have just grown up and moved on with their lives. But in any case, I almost feel like some members leaving is one of the biggest reasons this place isn't as great as it used to be. Sure, you can blame it on younger members who practically made it their mission to disrupt the peace, but I partially blame it on the older members leaving and they're not being enough people who post regularly anymore.
I remember a couple years ago someone fairly new (fozzieisfunny, I believe)
started a crusade to make MC "as it was in the good old days".

if you just joined, you might've visited for a while, but if you weren't actively participating, how would know how "the good old days' really were?

And when were the "good old days" exactly? Snowthy could probably give a better archival answer than anyone.

But trying to recreate the past, to bring the same spirit that existed in, say, 2004, is an impossible ideal to live up to.
Expecting everybody to keep the same attitude, and having penguins throwing fish on cue, on demand, is as unrealistic an expectation as you can get.

Trying to recreate the past is like trying to capture lightning in a bottle.

People come and go, for one reason or another. Same as in real life.
Those of you in college. or even high school: think of ten people you know right now. Ten years from now, if you still are in contact with at least three of them, you're doing good and are ahead of the curve.

Maybe fozzieisfunny can prove me wrong.
IF he's still posting...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And when were the "good old days" exactly? Snowthy could probably give a better archival answer than anyone.
Again, going by my history here with MC, I would break it down as follows:

2003 (the year I joined) - 2005: MC had no personality that this point - people did indeed come to actually discuss Muppet projects and such, but there just wasn't a sense of community just yet, it was still kind of small.

2005-2007: This is when MC started becoming an actual commuity - people were coming out of their shells and establushing connections with one another, and we really started becoming something of a big, dysfunctional cyber family. This was also during a period where a lot of the more prominent members of the community were joining up. I still credit That Announcer for breaking us together: he was really the one who stirred up fun around here and coaxing us out of our shells.

2007-2009: By this point, MC's community had really solidified - we all knew each other, we were involved in each other's lives, activity was regular, and the atmosphere was carefree and fun-loving.

2010-2012: This was an awkward period were tensions and friction started rising, some people were complaining they were being ignored and cast out by the rest of the community for not being "as popular as other members," and there was also a strange period where tons of new members would join, get involved with the forum for a short amount of time, then just disappear without a trace.

2012-present: Pretty much what MC is like now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Have to agree with Snowths. Him, Katzi, and I are pretty much all that remains of that "old crowd". When did that happen? To me, the "old crowd" were the people who started the forums in the Delphi format and when MC truly started in 2002 when we all joined up. Phillip, Kevin (FozzieBear), Corey (Janice&Mokey'sMan)... And now about all of the others from our own gang are no longer posting here: Beth, Bo, Ryan/Prawny, Bryan (Bear), Lisa, Sara (ReneeLouvier), Drtooth, Kelly, Aunt Ru, Mrs. P, and now Jamie as the latest casualty. The MC Class of 2005 has dwindled down to us last few survivors. :frown:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I'm proud of the work I've contributed to Muppet Central over the years, much of it graphic design. I've been a member of MC for at least 17 of their 19 years. That said, I don't feel connected here anymore. The forum seems to only have a handful of the same old voices, many of them cranky, and not much moderation. Interacting with that has a way of rubbing off on a person and that person is not going to be me. Visiting does little for my spirit. The content of MC is also sorely lacking. While I might post something here or there sometime in the future, I'm gonna be shuffling on. Most of my friends here are also friends on Facebook, so it's no big deal. Forums, in general, make little sense these days. If you're not on my Facebook Friends List, you're certainly welcome to friend me. Good luck and peace. I mean that. :smile: From here on out, my focus is going to be on good people who want to be happy and to make the world better. It'll be also on drawing, designing and creating legit works for different brands (including the brand that brought me here in the first place). :jim:
I hear you. I intend to drop in still now & then, but I understand your reasoning.

Be well, and may you continue to enjoy creative and personal success!