Questions about anything

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Ugh . . . why, why, why are TV shows doing that thing again where the characters stare at you lifelessly at the end of their promos? Having characters stare into my soul with the intentions of stealing it doesn't entice me to want to watch.
Shows like what?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Does anybody here have Firefox? If so, I really could use the help with something.

Is there a way to save all of your open tabs as either a webpage or a file?

Thank you.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Does anybody here have Firefox? If so, I really could use the help with something.

Is there a way to save all of your open tabs as either a webpage or a file?

Thank you.
Firefox has a "restore last session" feature, good for crashes or computer reboots.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've had different discussions in the past about various different musical genres, and how they're classified and such, but I'm a little curious as to when the "cut-off-date" (for lack of a better word) is for music that's considered to be classified as "classical." The reason I ask is because much of the classical music we have is centuries old from composers like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Schubert, and so forth - we're talking like 1600s, 1700s, and even 1800s. Then there's the work of Joplin, which many also consider to be classical music as well, yet it was considerably more recent - the early 1900s, to be exact, which was just over a hundred years ago. Are we so far ahead in terms of our time and music that anything that came before, say, the rock-n-roll era of the 1950s is now considered classical?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
We've had different discussions in the past about various different musical genres, and how they're classified and such, but I'm a little curious as to when the "cut-off-date" (for lack of a better word) is for music that's considered to be classified as "classical." The reason I ask is because much of the classical music we have is centuries old from composers like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Schubert, and so forth - we're talking like 1600s, 1700s, and even 1800s. Then there's the work of Joplin, which many also consider to be classical music as well, yet it was considerably more recent - the early 1900s, to be exact, which was just over a hundred years ago. Are we so far ahead in terms of our time and music that anything that came before, say, the rock-n-roll era of the 1950s is now considered classical?
There are plenty of modern classical composers; the Russian school was active through the early 1900s, Bernstein and many other modernists ruled the middle of the last century, and in the latter decades of the 1980s-1990s you have the minimalist school (Philip Glass) and other postmodernists. "Classical" music does not equal "Baroque." A good NPR station will play plenty of newer as well as older stuff!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I read the funny papers, when did OPUS go back to being called BLOOM COUNTY?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I read the funny papers, when did OPUS go back to being called BLOOM COUNTY?
I believe Berkley Breathed re-started the strip fairly recently. It's sweet, but not nearly as witty as it was years ago.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Is the guy on the left in the first picture John Lithgow?

I seriously can't tell if it's him or not because I can't make out the face at the moment.

I know the girl in the last picture is America Ferrera though.