Are new members unable to join?

gravy

Reaction score
On the Muppet Central Discord, quite a few new people have said they have had difficulty joining. One got this message on the new member thread:

It even did NOT say they were the latest member joining.

Why does this happen?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
On the Muppet Central Discord, quite a few new people have said they have had difficulty joining. One got this message on the new member thread:

It even did NOT say they were the latest member joining.

Why does this happen?
I don't know why that happens either, but it happened to me, too. When I first joined, it took a while for my account to finally be confirmed. I joined on April 24th 2017, and I wasn't able to post until almost a month later.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's entirely possible that the system takes a while to recognize a legitimate forum member from the various litany of spammers. Heck, there are some spambots that end up in the Members Online section that I have to report to get them banned. Not sure if that's clogging up the process, you'd have to ask the forum's administrator for further info regarding this issue. :wisdom:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
It's entirely possible that the system takes a while to recognize a legitimate forum member from the various litany of spammers. Heck, there are some spambots that end up in the Members Online section that I have to report to get them banned.
I hate spammers, they are so annoying. What's the whole point of spam, anyway? It sure doesn't make people wanna buy a product, it makes them wanna avoid it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It's entirely possible that the system takes a while to recognize a legitimate forum member from the various litany of spammers. Heck, there are some spambots that end up in the Members Online section that I have to report to get them banned. Not sure if that's clogging up the process, you'd have to ask the forum's administrator for further info regarding this issue. :wisdom:
There are still spammers that join here?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, spambots keep registering, which is why the system takes a bit so long to recognize new members as I mentioned above.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, spambots keep registering, which is why the system takes a bit so long to recognize new members as I mentioned above.
Has anything been done about it though? Because I don't see the spammers anymore.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, at least the forum's system is now blocking spambots from registering, at least partially. They can still register an account, since I keep getting all new member registrations be they legit or spam, but some still get processed through which I end up going to their profile pages and reporting them as such. No clue if that's actually working and the ones I report are effectively banned. At least it's an immense improvement from a few years back when we would get avalanches of spambots registering multiple accounts in one single day.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Well, at least the forum's system is now blocking spambots from registering, at least partially. They can still register an account, since I keep getting all new member registrations be they legit or spam, but some still get processed through which I end up going to their profile pages and reporting them as such. No clue if that's actually working and the ones I report are effectively banned. At least it's an immense improvement from a few years back when we would get avalanches of spambots registering multiple accounts in one single day.
Well that's great.

gravy

Reaction score
It's been a few months since one of my MC Discord friends has been waiting, so is it possible for the bot to do its job a bit quicker?