Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Yeah that's when series 2 came out but I hope it's like last week of June. Yeah the killed it with these just such accuracy and the accessories are really good this time around

BobbyBenson64

Reaction score
I was told they should be in stores early July. I would usually just ignore them telling me that but with the packaged pictures I believe it. Fingers crossed :smile:

DSTZach

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around in a while. Looks like I somehow turned off e-mail notifications, or I would have come by to see what everyone was talking about.

Series 3 is obviously coming, there were definitely some accessories added AFTER we showed them the first time but this was definitely one of our longer pre-order periods. The main reason is that we had other, more timely items that took precedent. If we have products that need to get out in time for a movie, then they may jump ahead of an item with no specific media tie-in. But I'm sorry it took so long to get them out to you.

Series 3 will NOT be at TRU, so if you are waiting for them to show up there to buy them cheaper, that is no longer an option. Pre-order at your earliest convenience. Not sure what the final word is on Series 4, but it will definitely not be at TRU, so if you have not pre-ordered those, please do so now.

Minimates are done, I keep pushing for the last few designed characters to get released somewhere, but no luck yet.

Thanks for waiting, hope they're worth it to you.

DSTZach

Reaction score
And our initial release dates are all estimates -- most retailers need a street date for their systems, but we would rather give a three-month window, like "Spring." We can estimate approval time, tooling time, manufacturing time, shipping time (boat, then truck), but we really have no idea until the items are in our warehouse when they will hit stores.

And we could definitely CHOOSE a later release date that has no chance of being missed, but in order to rule out any unforeseen approval, manufacturing or shipping delays (say a port backup that strands our products for months -- it happens) we'd have to build in a LOT of extra time. So if we got them in on time, or early, we'd have to sit on them until that date? No, we'd ship them early. Then retailers and customers would be getting items when they were not budgeted for them.

Usually, our estimates are fairly on-the-money, we actually do even ship a LITTLE early sometimes. This was just a line that COULD wait, and not be rushed, and still find its audience. Maybe even a bigger audience, if pre-orders continued to rise. The show is not losing any "heat." Hopefully, no orders were cancelled by customers or retailers to counteract any gain.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Thank you for taking you time and giving us some answers! And glad that series 3 will be out this month! This will be one of the best waves cause of all the fan favorite characters, but you guys do really detailed and accurate work! Hope to go beyond 4 as I would love to see Walter and Bobo and Snowths possibly!