Muppet Fan Confessions

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Caroll said he was one of the people who auditioned for Big Bird, but he was nowhere near the voice.
I thought it was the opposite way around that the puppetry was off and Noel couldn't handle the voice.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I must confess that I'm worried about Steve. I'm sure he's fine and taking a break because there has been nothing for him to do (sadly), but idiots on Reddit have been saying that Disney fired him because he was being difficult. I don't believe them at all, but it doesn't help my stupid anxiety.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I must confess that I'm worried about Steve. I'm sure he's fine and taking a break because there has been nothing for him to do (sadly), but idiots on Reddit have been saying that Disney fired him because he was being difficult. I don't believe them at all, but it doesn't help my stupid anxiety.
Where on Reddit?

JimAndFrank

Reaction score

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Gah! It's so frustrating cause these people provide no actual proof and logic dictates that they are lying, but the part of me that wants nothing but the best for Steve is making me worry anyway!:crazy::embarrassed::grouchy::grr:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Muppets/comments/6a66kg/muppet_thoughts_of_the_week_where_is_steve/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Muppets/comments/682o69/where_is_steve/
Oh, that is scary. I really hope these are just lying trolls looking for attention. But if it is true, I wonder what they would mean by him becoming increasingly difficult to work with. Was he too opinionated on set? Is he secretly an A--hole?
Is he mentally ill? What the heck is the matter?!? And if it is true, why must they keep these things so quiet? And I guess it is odd that Peter Linz played Statler that one time, since they're usually very strict about each character having a consistent performer (even more so than SST).
But, let's not lose our heads yet. Maybe we should ask one of the Muppet performers on social media. If we don't get a response from any of them any time soon, their silence could very well be a confirmation.

Just remember, absolutely nothing has been confirmed or implied by anyone who works with Steve or at Disney. Also, this isn't the first time Muppet fans have wondered where Steve was (remember the America's Got Talent incident?) So, let's not worry too much.