The Chipmunks

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It is, but there seems to be a lot of conflict over what episode is supposed to air on that day, because different sources are saying different titles.

That being said, supposedly, more new episodes are returning in March, and as I said, a lot of summaries have recently been revealed, but they pretty much all sound like more typical cartoon tropes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seems to me that Nick in North America has kind of wised-up: ALVINNN is now a weekly series, and they're back to airing full new episodes, rather than split them in half a day at a time, which is what they should have done in the beginning.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yup. I have a feeling ALVINNN is already seeing an early death, despite having been renewed for two more seasons: there's only one unaired episode left of the current season (one full half hour episode, that is), but Nick won't even air it, it'll be premiere on Nicktoons instead, at a completely random date and time (midnight on a Tuesday).

I really think Nick made a mistake of making ALVINNN a daily series instead of a weekly series: clearly the show became an even bigger hit than even they figured, and then they started splitting the episodes in half to stretch them out over a longer period of time, but really, had they made ALVINNN a weekly series, they could have aired a new episode every week since its premiere in 2015 since the current two seasons totalled 52 full half hour episodes.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yup. I have a feeling ALVINNN is already seeing an early death, despite having been renewed for two more seasons: there's only one unaired episode left of the current season (one full half hour episode, that is), but Nick won't even air it, it'll be premiere on Nicktoons instead, at a completely random date and time (midnight on a Tuesday).

I really think Nick made a mistake of making ALVINNN a daily series instead of a weekly series: clearly the show became an even bigger hit than even they figured, and then they started splitting the episodes in half to stretch them out over a longer period of time, but really, had they made ALVINNN a weekly series, they could have aired a new episode every week since its premiere in 2015 since the current two seasons totalled 52 full half hour episodes.
That's Nickelodeon for you. If the show isn't SpongeBob than it'll die a slow death starting with it's second season, whether it's popular or not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I seem to be in a minority here, but clearly the voices aren't as squeaky as they once were - and some people actually like that, they feel making the voices less squeaky makes the characters less annoying . . . and I suppose if sped-up voices aren't your bag, then that's understandable, but I mean the squeakiness is what the whole point of their voices were in the beginning. Alvin in particular is considerably less squeaky to the point it's often hard to discern his voice from Simon's.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I seem to be in a minority here, but clearly the voices aren't as squeaky as they once were - and some people actually like that, they feel making the voices less squeaky makes the characters less annoying . . . and I suppose if sped-up voices aren't your bag, then that's understandable, but I mean the squeakiness is what the whole point of their voices were in the beginning. Alvin in particular is considerably less squeaky to the point it's often hard to discern his voice from Simon's.
I'd say in the 60s it was the main draw for the characters, but ever since the 80s the characters and plots have been much stronger. So as long as the characters are themselves and their voices are basically the same, I think it's Ok if the pitch is just a tad deeper. I think their dialogue is actually a little easier to understand now, but maybe that's just me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd say in the 60s it was the main draw for the characters, but ever since the 80s the characters and plots have been much stronger.
And ironically, that's actually a complaint that a lot of people have, in that since the 80s, the actual musical aspect of the franchise has taken a backseat to everything else, including character development and storytelling.

The thing of it is, prior to the 80s, there was a time in television and fiction in general where character development was actually discouraged, mainly because in those days, nobody really gave thought or concern to continuity, so if characters remain the same, then shows could be seen in reruns and syndication in any order and there wouldn't be any noticable differences in the characters. This was especially true for finales: back then, shows were always discouraged from doing proper finales that wrapped up the entire series for fear that it would kill any chance the show had for an extended life in syndication . . . and all because THE FUGITIVE did this, and that apparently dug the show into its own grave.

I digress, though. Character development did wonders for the Chipmunks and Chipettes, because they all started out as flat, one-note characters, and they all eventually became more rounded, fleshed-out, fully dimensional characters with believable/relatable personalities.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's rumors swirling around the internet that Nick doesn't even like ALVINNN (I'm assuming because it's not their original property like the other shows are), and it seems kind of evident this week: there were supposed to be new episodes airing everyday this week (except for Halloween, of course), but each day when I've turned in, Loud House was on instead. Then again, Nick is becoming notorious for inconsisent and unreliable scheduling information, as this happens quite frequently: I remember there was a period of time where new ALVINNN episodes were supposed to air, but then Stanky Hanky would be on instead.

At the same time, I'm a little surprised Nick is still playing so much Loud House right now amid all of the sexual harassment allegations against Chris Savino dating back to his Cartoon Network days.