Muppet Fan Confessions

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well its like Mike told me. Its always best to go to the source when things like this come up. The people that wrote that stuff have no inside connections, and all it basically was was peoples opinions. That's why fans of anything have to check what is sometimes posted on the internet. What Mike and I wonder is how they got this info even though its false. I really wonder how they found that Steve was being "difficult"

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Well its like Mike told me. Its always best to go to the source when things like this come up. The people that wrote that stuff have no inside connections, and all it basically was was peoples opinions. That's why fans of anything have to check what is sometimes posted on the internet. What Mike and I wonder is how they got this info even though its false. I really wonder how they found that Steve was being "difficult"
People have tried to slander Steve before. I remember reading a rant from one of the puppeteers who auditioned to be an alternative Muppet performer back in 2004. Apparently he still had a bruised ego from when Steve argued in favour of the 'One Muppet, One Muppeteer' tradition, and won. The guy even went as far as claiming that Steve was so aggressive in his demands that Disney put up a cease-and-desist against him.

I honestly don't believe the cease-and-desist part of the story. That guy was just trying to lick his wounds.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
People have tried to slander Steve before. I remember reading a rant from one of the puppeteers who auditioned to be an alternative Muppet performer back in 2004. Apparently he still had a bruised ego from when Steve argued in favour of the 'One Muppet, One Muppeteer' tradition, and won. The guy even went as far as claiming that Steve was so aggressive in his demands that Disney put up a cease-and-desist against him.

I honestly don't believe the cease-and-desist part of the story. That guy was just trying to lick his wounds.
Even if that where true I would have to still say good for Steve. Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard are gone ( With the exception of Frank being alive) Steve is one of the only original performers who are alive and working with the Muppets. He is also the one who took over the awesome reasonability of keeping Kermit alive as well. So for him to be "difficult" about the integrity of his fellow performers and there characters then I say Job well done. Sure Jim would never be that way, but he wouldn't have ever had to be. Disney owns the Muppets now, and for the Muppets to continue Jim's legacy someone has to be "difficult" put there foot down and say no it should not be done this way. This makes me think about the final line Steve and Kermit said in The Muppets Celebrate Jim. " It's the way the boss (Jim) would want it"

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Even if that where true I would have to still say good for Steve. Jim, Frank, Jerry, and Richard are gone ( With the exception of Frank being alive) Steve is one of the only original performers who are alive and working with the Muppets. He is also the one who took over the awesome reasonability of keeping Kermit alive as well. So for him to be "difficult" about the integrity of his fellow performers and there characters then I say Job well done. Sure Jim would never be that way, but he wouldn't have ever had to be. Disney owns the Muppets now, and for the Muppets to continue Jim's legacy someone has to be "difficult" put there foot down and say no it should not be done this way. This makes me think about the final line Steve and Kermit said in The Muppets Celebrate Jim. " It's the way the boss (Jim) would want it"
I wholeheartedly agree. And since I was the one who took this thread off track, I'm gonna say that the Curious Case of Steve Whitmire is officially closed.

Now...do I have another confession to get us going again?

Ummmm....Oh, here's one! As cute as Elmo can be, I can find him to be at Scrappy Doo levels of annoying 98% of the time.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Have no fear Dwayne is here!
I just had a wonderful chat with long time Muppet performer Mike Quinn. I shared with him the links from Redit, and he was shocked.
According to Mike the Muppet thoughts where filmed in New York in the span of a day or possibility two. They are just meant for The Muppets to continue to have an online prescience. There was no money in making these videos,and they did not want to pay for Steve and others to fly out to NYC just for a day. Just like for the Macy's parade and the WE event that was recently done as well. The Muppets both classic and Sesame have two great teams on the East coast and the West coast. Steve is kind of in the middle living in Atlanta, so they try and need him when it's more profitable for both Disney and Steve.
So before everyone starts lighting torches and heading to LA asking about Steve relax. Steve is in Atlanta, and is still giving our Muppet friends a hand.
Personally, I think not having Kermit or Rizzo or Pepe in these weekly videos is a great idea. Because it's giving more minor characters a chance to shine.
i knew that it wasn't true, you can't believe everything on the web.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree. And since I was the one who took this thread off track, I'm gonna say that the Curious Case of Steve Whitmire is officially closed.

Now...do I have another confession to get us going again?

Ummmm....Oh, here's one! As cute as Elmo can be, I can find him to be at Scrappy Doo levels of annoying 98% of the time.
If you have not read Keivn Clash's book you really should. It will change how you feel about Elmo. It did for me.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Have no fear Dwayne is here!
I just had a wonderful chat with long time Muppet performer Mike Quinn. I shared with him the links from Redit, and he was shocked.
According to Mike the Muppet thoughts where filmed in New York in the span of a day or possibility two. They are just meant for The Muppets to continue to have an online prescience. There was no money in making these videos,and they did not want to pay for Steve and others to fly out to NYC just for a day. Just like for the Macy's parade and the WE event that was recently done as well. The Muppets both classic and Sesame have two great teams on the East coast and the West coast. Steve is kind of in the middle living in Atlanta, so they try and need him when it's more profitable for both Disney and Steve.
So before everyone starts lighting torches and heading to LA asking about Steve relax. Steve is in Atlanta, and is still giving our Muppet friends a hand.
Personally, I think not having Kermit or Rizzo or Pepe in these weekly videos is a great idea. Because it's giving more minor characters a chance to shine.
Thanks for that. I'll remember not to believe reddit or any source with no evidence.