Muppet Fan Confessions

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
As cute as Elmo can be, I can find him to be at Scrappy Doo levels of annoying 98% of the time.
You need to watch recent episodes of Sesame after Ryan became Elmo. He made him much more 3-dimensional. I think it's because he used to be a fan like us, and he knows how some fans feel about Elmo.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I detested Piggy for years, finding her eminently irritating and one-dimensional...and then I read Ru's epic "Kermie's Girl," which is wonderful and a thoughtful character treatment; and then "The Muppets" film made me think perhaps Piggy had more depth than previously shown.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
For some reason, when I was younger, I used to think that Ojo from Bear in the Big Blue House was a boy. I thought she was one of those male characters that was voiced by a woman (like Timmy Turner, for example).

Old Thunder

Reaction score
For some reason, when I was younger, I used to think that Ojo from Bear in the Big Blue House was a boy. I thought she was one of those male characters that was voiced by a woman (like Timmy Turner, for example).
WAIT THAT'S NOT A BOY?!

Fan confession: I did not know that until now. ARE YOU SURE?!?!?!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, Animal scared me the first time I saw him on the opening of The Great Muppet Caper (I later found him to be hilarious).

Also, I thought Janice was a dude when I first saw her in the same movie.... Yeah....