The “What did you do today?” thread

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I just saw that yesterday! I hope you enjoy it, cause I did.
It was fabulous. Some of the writing was a little flat and predictable, but man, what a great ride still. Kurt Russell was well-cast, and the cameo towards the end hilarious (I won't say who -- no spoilers).

Spent much of yesterday and today gardening, and right now I'm pretty sure I can feel every single bone in my wrists. Oww.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I listened to this really interesting episode of a podcast called You Must Remember This. It was all about the final years of Judy Garland, and how her death might have helped to set off the Stonewall riots. It's very sad but also extremely heartwarming :

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I figured out some fan made HTF canon business that I'd never quite thought of before. This applies to the HTF fanon universe only:
Giggles and Petunia are sisters. It all started when Giggles's brother Josh married Petunia's sister Stacey and got her pregnant with a litter of skunk chipmunk hybrids. So that technically makes Petunia:Giggles's sister in law. This makes sense if the fanmade episode of Stacey and Josh's marriage is considered canon. Which because of how the babies have shown up since then, I'd say they probably are. Crazy, huh!?

After figuring that out:I totally got mind freaked!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm working on burning all of my videos from this past year onto a disc and giving it to someone as a DVD gift for either Christmas or their birthday. But the problem is:there are so many freaking videos including some really long ones that I'd have to be a disc hoarder to be able to put them all onto the big screen. Well, I guess I'm going to have to stick to some favorites. Although, I'm definitely going to add some "deleted scenes" of skits that I didn't upload due to the inappropriate and or too soon nature of them.

If anybody is wondering, here are what these banned shorts were about. After reading about them, you could probably understand why I didn't want to post these. They are:
-A short skit called Sabrina the Teenage B*tch - Not only was the title a little too mean, but also I didn't realize at the time that they had already done a skit with that title on Robot Chicken. This was before I became an avid Robot Chicken watcher, so I decided to scrap it due to fear of it being considered plagiarism.
-A Fraggle Rock parody where Boober keeps getting bullied due to having the word "boob" in his name - I found the idea to be a little too mean spirited for me, being the huge Muppet fan I am, to make fun of a perfectly good Muppet character in that way.
-An Earth Day special about Giggles cleaning up the pollution on the beach - I deleted it from my channel because of one cutaway scene that was a bit too sexual. I'm not going into detail because this is a family forum, but I can say this:It was a parody of James Cameron's already questionable film, Avatar.
-Optimus Prime becoming the first transgender Transformer - Again, I didn't realize that they had already done a similar thing on Robot Chicken.
-The Lion and the Bear scene from Teletubbies being set to rap music - I didn't hear it at first but after I listened closely to the song I used in the video, I realized that it used the word "n*gger" and decided that it would be a bit much to post a song with that type of lyrics.

Last edited:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I got up, fed the cat and told her Happy Birthday. Then my mom came over and I had a meltdown over something stupid (motion sickness from a game I play, and dissatisfaction with a headband I bought online). Then I spent a few hours with "I Love Lucy," traded "Beauty & The Beast" DVD's with my sister (she wanted one with the song "Human Again," whereas I'd prefer it if they didn't add the song in). My parents came over and set up my scanner because I couldn't get it working, scanned in the pages of a paper doll book I bought ("Victorian Cat Family"), watched "The Jim Henson Hour" on my phone, played on my iPad, watched some more "I Love Lucy," then I decided to come here and post the next installment of my Fraggle Rock fanfic, "The White Monster."

newsmanfan

Reaction score
A ton of boring stuff, like laundry and bathroom-cleaning and changing sheets and grocery shopping...but also watched the first 3 eps of "Braindead," which is brilliant, and will soon have a mudslide and another episode.

cjd874

Reaction score
I listened to the soundtracks from West Side Story and Seussical. I'm going to be working as a musician for a local theater company this summer, and they're performing these shows in July and August. It is an honor and pleasure for me to do this...there's nothing I love more than making music. :sing: :cool: :big_grin: :flirt: :halo:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I listened to the soundtracks from West Side Story and Seussical. I'm going to be working as a musician for a local theater company this summer, and they're performing these shows in July and August. It is an honor and pleasure for me to do this...there's nothing I love more than making music. :sing: :cool: :big_grin: :flirt: :halo:
W00t! What will you be playing?