RIP Adam West

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was very shocked and sad to hear that the original Batman, the mayor of Quahog, and Catman of the Fairly Oddparents passed away last night. I was blessed to be able to meet him once at Comic-Con and he was very nice to my mom and I. He even said a line from Family Guy to make me laugh after I told him about love of Family Guy. We didn't talk too long because obviously the line was pretty long, being a Comic-Con with the first Batman and all, but I was thankfully able to talk to and share a laugh with this legend before he passed on. I've never seen the old Batman show, but I absolutely love his appearances on Family Guy and Robot Chicken and when I was younger, I adored him on SpongeBob and The Fairly Oddparents. I wish the best for his family and my thoughts and prayers go out to them during this hard time. Even though I was never friends with him or anything, I honestly miss him myself. Let's all take a moment and discuss the impact Mr. West had on you below.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'll never forget those episodes of Fairly Odd Parents when he played himself/Catman. That was really my first exposure to him, and with him being a recurring character, it's kind of like a character from my childhood has died.
I watched his Batman when I was about five, but rediscovered it about eleven years later when my little brother was five. He talks about Adam all the time, he's going to be really upset when I tell him. I love how Adam and the rest of the cast did so well at playing everything straight when everything around them was so silly and cheesy.

It was a real treat to get to hear Adam, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar reprise their roles in an animated version of the 60s show one last time, earlier this year. It's amazing how much they still sound like themselves after over 50 years.

RIP Adam.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'll never forget those episodes of Fairly Odd Parents when he played himself/Catman. That was really my first exposure to him, and with him being a recurring character, it's kind of like a character from my childhood has died.
I watched his Batman when I was about five, but rediscovered it about eleven years later when my little brother was five. He talks about Adam all the time, he's going to be really upset when I tell him. I love how Adam and the rest of the cast did so well at playing everything straight when everything around them was so silly and cheesy.

It was a real treat to get to hear Adam, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar reprise their roles in an animated version of the 60s show one last time, earlier this year. It's amazing how much they still sound like themselves after over 50 years.

RIP Adam.
I grew up with FOP and I feel exactly the same way. I also felt like that when Ernest Borgnine passed away because of how I grew up with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, :frown:.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Many actors try not to typecast themselves, but Adam West took it in stride and made a career out of making fun of the fact that he was Batman, albeit not as Mayor West in Family Guy. He got to reprise the role along with Burt Ward in a DC animated movie that based itself off the '60s TV series, though we don't know if he finished the voice work for the sequel that may or may not come out. Also, I'm hoping we get to see CAPTAAAAAIN SUUUUUUPER CAPTAAAAAIN one last time in the final season of Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero.

Rest in peace, Adam We.

fragglevision

Reaction score
As some people were saying over on Toughpigs, it's so weird that he never worked with the Muppets. Unless you count the time that Kermit leaked info about Mayor We(st) on Family Guy. One of the Muppets' biggest missed opportunities, to be sure.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I also was shocked & saddened to find out about Adam West's death. Granted I didn't watch "Batman" ,but the time slot on 4: 30 weekday afternoons in the 70s was either reserved for "Batman"- (my brother's favorite )or "Brady Bunch" (mine) Anyway...the world has lost a great man. Thank you Adam West for making little kids happy!!