Those Strange Kiddie Videos on YouTube: What's the Deal?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I decided to start this thread after WhoseLineFan and I were talking about this in the "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" thread.

You know those VERY odd Spiderman and Elsa videos on YouTube? Or how about those Kinder Surprise egg opening ones? Or those very poorly animated nursery rhymes? If you've lurked through the depths of YouTube, you've probably come across them.

Anyway, what's the deal with those? Why are there BOATLOADS of them? Why are they so mind-numbing and poorly produced that they make Dora the Explorer look like a Henson production in comparison?

Here are a few examples:
I can't even begin to describe how awful and insulting-to-a-child's-intelligence these are. If you find any more of these videos that stick out to you, feel free to post them here.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'll chime in to this one. What is up with those titles of the videos?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'll chime in to this one. What is up with those titles of the videos?
Yeah, they always have nonsense titles like (I'm just making this up as an example): "Steven Universe And Friends Crying At Beach Learn Colors And Shapes Wrong Gems Nursery Rhymes Finger Family Songs Surprise Eggs For Babies" It's like spambots (like the ones we see on here occasionally) come up with those titles or something.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, they always have nonsense titles like (I'm just making this up as an example): "Steven Universe And Friends Crying At Beach Learn Colors And Shapes Wrong Gems Nursery Rhymes Finger Family Songs Surprise Eggs For Babies" It's like spambots (like the ones we see on here occasionally) come up with those titles or something.
I haven't seen any spambots lately though. Either that, or the titles remind me of bots, or spammers.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Those are just so weird and frightening. They're the video equivalent of jingling keys in front of your kid's face with their use of stilted nursery rhymes and inexplicable abundance of licensed cartoon characters. Makes me respect Dora and its inspirations a little bit more as a result, and even (gulp) Wee Bee World to a lesser extant because at least those have some brains behind them. Where in the Elmo are the copyright holders' lawyers? :boo:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Those are just so weird and frightening. They're the video equivalent of jingling keys in front of your kid's face with their use of stilted nursery rhymes and inexplicable abundance of licensed cartoon characters. Makes me respect Dora and its inspirations a little bit more as a result, and even (gulp) Wee Bee World to a lesser extant because at least those have some brains behind them.
Exactly. Kids deserve to grow up on the good stuff like Sesame Street, not this junk. Heck, even those 1990's Barney knockoffs are still far better than these videos.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I wonder if so many of these vids are produced and viewed ironically by adults? Because there's no way these are done seriously, and no way anyone over the age of 2 could find this enjoyable.

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I wonder if so many of these vids are produced and viewed ironically by adults? Because there's no way these are done seriously, and no way anyone over the age of 2 could find this enjoyable.
I'm sure they are.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I wonder if so many of these vids are produced and viewed ironically by adults? Because there's no way these are done seriously.
And what's odd is that so many of these have millions of views! Either adults are watching them, or parents are just letting their toddlers click on whatever they want. There's just no other explanation. Still though, there are a lot of creepy videos like this where a random female character (especially Elsa) is giving birth. I've even seen one where Elsa was pregnant with Spiderman's baby. It's very sad that so many awful videos like these exist because some adults want to make a quick buck without even trying. They think little kids are so stupid and will watch anything with songs and bright colors.