West Nile, Swine Flu, Meningitis, and Sequelitis

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Going by the thread title I thought this thread was about disease. :stick_out_tongue:

Lemme just say that I for one am looking forward to Cars 3. It's a franchise my family has loved since the first film came out. I can see why people dislike it, but personally I'd all it Pixar's hidden gem. Great morals, engaging storylines, really cool characters. I like it. Can't wait for the third one.
I never particularly liked the first two. The first was a little boring to me but it was charming enough, but I hate the second one. But, oddly enough, i'm actually really excited for the third. I think it's because with Pixar's track record, they know why people disliked the second one, so i'm confident that they'll learn from their mistakes and at least make it as good as the first one. And from the plot details i've heard, this really seems like the sequel they should've made in the first place, with more character development, more focus on the residents of Radiator Springs, etc. So I have higher hopes then ever for the franchise. I really hope this is their last movie though, since I don't want them to stretch it out farther than they need to, like they seem to be doing with the Toy Story movies.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Yeah, I too agree that three is enough. Unless of course they come up with a really great plot for a fourth movie... :wink:

Personally, both films were great. The first one focused on charm, the second focused on action and charm. The twist was a pretty good one, IMO. Heck, even Roger Elbert liked Cars 2. Knowing him, that should say something. :stick_out_tongue:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yeah, I too agree that three is enough. Unless of course they come up with a really great plot for a fourth movie... :wink:
Once again, it's going to be a standalone story, which is a bit more reassuring to me. Maybe Pixar wanted to make a TV special for Valentine's Day, but needed more time to work with, so they thought about going theatrical.

I hope we get to see what happened to Bo Peep and her three-headed sheep.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Once again, it's going to be a standalone story, which is a bit more reassuring to me. Maybe Pixar wanted to make a TV special for Valentine's Day, but needed more time to work with, so they thought about going theatrical.

I hope we get to see what happened to Bo Peep and her three-headed sheep.
I was actually talking about Cars and most movie franchises as a whole. Don't really have an opinion on Toy Story 4. I'll probably watch it and enjoy it, 'cuz that's what I do with films. :stick_out_tongue:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Unless an outbreak of West Nile, swine flu, or meningitis comes sweeping forth, sequelitis is all this thread will be good for. :smirk:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Sequelitis is pretty much where movie sequels are constantly being made. It's not a disease at all.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Cars 3 hasn't come out in the UK yet and I'm super excited for it. I don't think that it will disappoint me

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of sequelitis. . . .

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6298780/

Hey, with a cast like Olivia Newton-John, Gilbert Gottfried, Kathie Lee Gifford, Margaret Cho, Fabio, Tony Hawk, Bret Michaels, Al Roker, and Charo as the Queen of England, how could this possibly kill any careers?

Last edited: