The Random Memory thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had this ginormous stuffed dog when I was younger that seriously was about the size of a real dog. The funny thing is:I gave it the most ridiculous name ever...........Doggy. That's it!? I couldn't come up with a better name than ******* Doggy? That's a really funny example of childhood laziness right there, lol.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I had this ginormous stuffed dog when I was younger that seriously was about the size of a real dog. The funny thing is:I gave it the most ridiculous name ever...........Doggy. That's it!? I couldn't come up with a better name than ******* Doggy? That's a really funny example of childhood laziness right there, lol.
I find it cute and I named one of my pet fishes Elmo due to my Elmo obsession.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i remember when tbs showed music videos back in the 80's on Friday nights, my mom would let me and my sister stay up late and watch them.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I was talking to my mom last night about one of my earliest memories I have - I was likely 2 years old, and it was nighttime. I just remember being in my room looking at my TV, and it was playing the opening of the Sesame Street video The Alphabet Game with the logo and gold curtain; then I walked out and into the room with our old IBM PC computer, and I had been playing an educational ABCs game which was a DOS-type game. There was a picture of a happy little sun on the screen with the words "S - Sun".

There's another faint memory I have from around the same time where I was watching my Disney Sing-Along video on the TV, and it was the song "Friendship" with Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Anyone else ever have memories of houses pop into their heads at random times? I often get images of specifc room layouts, and usually they're just places I've been, rarely places where I lived.
For some reason or another, I have several dreams about the house I lived in for the first 13 years of my life. Dreams where my family lives there. Sometimes it's my whole family, and other times it's just me and my sister. I seriously don't know why.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My family grew up in Newark, NJ. Both sets of grandparents lived two blocks from each other.
By the mid-70's everybody moved out. Once in a blue moon I drive past, wondering, for the last 40+ years, who has been living there since.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One time, my parents and I were eating out at a local restaurant when this man from church that I hadn't seen in years came up to us and asked me to fix this phone. I was naturally quite nervous about the thought of fixing the phone of someone I really don't know very well but I agreed either way. He then stuck his hand into his pocket and pulled out a block of wood with a piece of tape attached to it that read,
"Hillbilly phone". I was laughing really hard when I saw that but also relieved that I didn't have to fix someone's broken phone.