The Classic TV Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm rather surprised we don't already have a thread like this . . . or maybe we do and it's so old I can't find it or something, I don't know . . . if such a thread already exists, then maybe this can eventually be merged with it.

Anyshoe, I stumbled upon a rather obscure, yet bizarre short-lived sitcom from 1969 called MY WORLD AND WELCOME TO IT; here's the pilot episode:

I can kind of see why this only last one season, this series is kind of "out there," and doesn't seem like this kind of thing that would appeal to contemporary TV viewers, with its overly eccentric characters and disjointed and disorienting storyflow, but otherwise, because it's different and has a somewhat avant garde and experimental nature to it, I think a more artsy crowd would dig it.

I have a feeling that even Jim would like this show if he ever saw it - it kind of feels like the kind of show he might have made when he was going through his experimental filmmaker phase.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm rather surprised we don't already have a thread like this . . . or maybe we do and it's so old I can't find it or something, I don't know . . . if such a thread already exists, then maybe this can eventually be merged with it.
Since we do have several reserved for cartoons, we could use this for live-action shows.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Is anyone a fan of old sitcoms besides me? I can just name a whole bunch of them right now that I like.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Quick question - when we say 'classic' television, what years are we talking about here? When is the cut off date?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
In that case, mark me down for The Golden Girls, Friends, Colombo, Murder She Wrote, M*A*S*H, Empty Nest, Seinfeld, Hogan's Heroes, actually, never mind, if I tried to list all the great classics TV shows I've watched and loved we'd be here all day. :stick_out_tongue:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
In that case, mark me down for The Golden Girls, Friends, Colombo, Murder She Wrote, M*A*S*H, Empty Nest, Seinfeld, Hogan's Heroes, actually, never mind, if I tried to list all the great classics TV shows I've watched and loved we'd be here all day. :stick_out_tongue:
I'll put those down under sitcoms.