The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

mr3urious

Reaction score
I dunno, I think it looks okay. Not exactly something I'd go and see in a theater, though. Maybe it'd work better as a TV or a DTV movie instead.
Why shouldn't it be theatrical? I would love for this to succeed, as American animated films released to theaters that are based on currently-airing cartoons (with the same production crew & voice cast) rarely do, unlike in Japan where anime-based films thrive. The Simpsons, South Park, Beavis & Butt-head, Rugrats, and SpongeBob are the only exceptions. The MLP movie released in the '80s was largely a flop, so hopefully this would would buck the trend (no pun intended).

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Why shouldn't it be theatrical? I would love for this to succeed, as American cartoons released to theaters that are based on currently-airing cartoons rarely do, unlike anime movies in Japan. The Simpsons, South Park, Beavis & Butt-head, Rugrats, and SpongeBob are the only exceptions. The MLP movie released in the '80s was largely a flop, so hopefully this would would buck the trend (no pun intended).
I see your point, and I take back what I said earlier. Still, I personally wouldn't go and see the MLP movie in theaters, mostly cause it would be kinda embarrassing being a 15 year old surrounded by little girls, LOL. But still, it doesn't look too bad (it's great to see another 2D animated Western film), and it beats the crap out of the Emoji Movie.

Now, I would LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE to see a Steven Universe movie, but that's off-topic...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, it looks miles better than the other Hasbro films released recently, especially Jem.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
I think it has a better chance at success because the only real competition it'll have is The Lego Ninjago Movie coming out a couple weeks before.

Personally, I'd be more eager for Animal Crackers earlier that month...
...if they actually bother to deliver on that release date. Considering it was made outside the studio system (and despite an all-star cast), that seems unlikely.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Despicable me came out on Friday saw on Saturday. I thought it was really good and funny (minions stole the show again without having a big a role) but I just don't think it was as good as the previous film

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So it's MONSTER HOUSE, GNOMEO AND JULIET, CORALINE, and HOME ALONE somehow blended all into one movie?