Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I once said to my dad, "You can't hurt me, I'm Iron Butt!" I don't even remember why I said that.

My dad taught me and my sister a song we called "The Glo Worm Song." And no, it's not the same glow worm song from the Muppet sketches. This one went:
"GLO WORM! Needs a new battery
GLO WORM! Needs a new battery
GLO WORM! Needs a new battery
Glo Worm needs some more juice!
GLO WORM! Can't get in the tubby
'Cause he might fry his light!"
(the Glo Worm is in all caps at points because my sister and I would somewhat yell it when we were little. And we never said "fry his light." It was always "fwy his yight." Pronunciation problems of toddlers, gotta love it)

Everytime my sister saw birds on telephone wires, we'd make them "talk." "Hi Tom. Hi Bob. Hi Jim. Hi Joe. Hi Fred. Hi Barney" etc. etc. etc.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Back in about 2009, my younger cousin and I imagined someone named Skidoo that we would make up funny stories about. Skidoo had a giant blue afro (cause we thought afros were funny for some reason) and was in love with Dora the Explorer. Like, to a creepy and obsessive level. He was also a total manchild who would constantly do stupid stuff.

My cousin was the one who made Skidoo up when he was about 6 or 7; he made him up after his Power Wheels Cadillac Escalade (those life-size toy cars that you can actually sit in and drive around) was stolen from him (yes, it actually did happen IRL). He told me that Skidoo was the the one who stole it, and that he drove it all the way down the busy highway to his house.

We would always imagine Skidoo hiding in the woods near my house (my cousin didn't live with me, but he would come to visit), and we would pretend that we could see his afro from out the window. And sometimes, when we were riding in the car, we would see a not-too-nice looking house or shack, and assume that it was where Skidoo lived.

We would also draw lots of pictures of Skidoo, write stories about him, and we even made up our own theme song for him. We had such crazy imaginations, :laugh:! We still joke about Skidoo sometimes.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
(Sorry to double post)

For some reason, I used to put glue all over my hands, wait for it to dry, and then peel it all off. :confused:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
For some reason, I used to put glue all over my hands, wait for it to dry, and then peel it all off. :confused:
I think EVERYBODY has done that at one point. I've never done it all over my hands, but I knew kids in my kindergarden class who did. However, I did like to peel it off my fingers.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Here's some more silly stuff I thought as a kid:

- I used to call Night on Bald Mountain "the Sonic song" because it was used in the theme song for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

- This wasn't really when I was a young kid (I was probably 12 or 13), but when I first started watching Littlest Pet Shop, I thought Vinnie's name was Lenny.

- I also wasn't a young kid when I thought this, but back when I saw the first promo for Steven Universe, I thought Garnet was a boy. (Not that she's a girl, either, since gems are technically genderless, and... I'm rambling, aren't I...)

- In Super Mario 64, when Mario would say "let's-a go!" when you started a level, my cousin and I thought he said "a pickle!".

- When I was young, I thought the red thing on Yoshi's back was a giant button. Probably because I had a Happy Meal toy of him that made sound when you pushed his back. It wasn't until years later that I found out it was supposed to be a shell.

- I used to think that Care-A-Lot (the home of the Care Bears) was real and was actually up in the clouds, and that the Care Bears were up there looking down on everyone.

- I was disappointed by the Disney Channel show Even Stevens when I was little because I thought the whole show would be animated in stop-motion like the intro.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
When I was little, it took me longer than other kids to learn to tie my shoes. I think I was six or seven when I finally mastered this skill, but I felt so far behind the curve.

Velcro shoes weren't invented yet, so you had to learn to tie your shoes, rely on others to tie them for you, or go barefoot. I thought I had the perfect solution for this plight.

In the summertime, I wore my winter boots.
Yes, these big green rubber boots with a fleece lining inside. No need to lace them up. Took them off when I went in the pool. But just imagine 4-year-old me running around the backyard, in 80 degree weather, in my bathing suit and winter boots.

Can you say "Doofus"?
At least I knew which feet to put them on.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
(Sorry to double post)

I still do that sometimes. And sometimes I clap my hands when I do it, so the dried glue flies everywhere and looks and feels like a spider web.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When I was little, it took me longer than other kids to learn to tie my shoes. I think I was six or seven when I finally mastered this skill, but I felt so far behind the curve.

Velcro shoes weren't invented yet, so you had to learn to tie your shoes, rely on others to tie them for you, or go barefoot. I thought I had the perfect solution for this plight.

In the summertime, I wore my winter boots.
Yes, these big green rubber boots with a fleece lining inside. No need to lace them up. Took them off when I went in the pool. But just imagine 4-year-old me running around the backyard, in 80 degree weather, in my bathing suit and winter boots.

Can you say "Doofus"?
At least I knew which feet to put them on.
It took me until I was almost six to learn to tie my shoes (longer then all the kids I knew). And I think my aunt taught me, which is weird because my aunt never taught me anything :stick_out_tongue:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, if we're going to go that route, I didn't have my training wheels taken off till I was about eight or nine.