One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes and MTM was and still is one of the more emotional character driven movies they have made.
However, for those rare occasions where a Muppet production contains very little to no fourth wall-breaking whatsoever like FTB, or the aforementioned MTM, it's a nice change and a nice treat, and like previously mention, it does allow you to invest more in the story itself as well as the emotion of what the characters are going through, so yeah. Fourth wall-breaking is almost a given in any Muppet production, but it is a nice change of pace when they forgo breaking the fourth wall on occasion.
Definitely, and I guess that's a testament to how well any characters work, if the audience is so incredibly moved when they are separated like they are in MTM and FTB.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well that is true, in the Muppet Movie it was the moment when they where entering Lew Lord's office and Kermit gets a little nervous, and Piggy says "Kermit we are all right behind you" Then in MTM where they where talking about splitting up, and Scooter says "Kermit we still believe in the show" To me it are those lines that show the true core of who the Muppets really are.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I thought Selena Gomez was fine in that. I like Disney, but they sure do get under my skin sometimes. I don't mind too much, though. Yeah, product placement is annoying, but overall Disney's pretty cool. Besides, Cars II? That's such a lame idea, I don't know why they're even bothering.:smirk: Anyway, I love Disney, but I agree that they shouldn't be messing with the muppets. :cluck:
I reiterate... The billboard was digitally altered. It had a far worse Disney movie originally on there. The one with the talking Gnomes. I'd rather see Spy Talking Cars than Talking Lawn Gnomes Destroying Shakespeare any day.

Not more than the Muppet Movie or The Great Muppet Caper. There wasn't too many in this one. It's what they do best.

Did you see any Muppet movie..like, ever? They all break the fourth wall. I agree, after a while it can be annoying in a way, that's why Muppets Take Manhattan is a nice break.
Totally. Anyone complaining that a Muppet Movie has no fourth wall just doesn't get it. Though, we'll never get a joke half as insane as that one sequence in MTI where the Rat Tour guide starts giving tours of where they filmed MTI while they're in the movie.

Seriously... GMC basically sang about how they're in a movie. Anything other than that is subtle. :news:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
THREAD BUMP.

Didn't know where else to put this but, there were a few things that bothered me. For one, the fact that the movie focused so much on Gary and Mary's relationship, it took a lot of screen time away from the Muppet characters. This was a revival, the writers tried to shove in as many characters as possible But, because there wasn't enough time to do it, much of the film ends up feeling cluttered.

Second, and more then anything else, I really dislike the ending. I mean, it seemed like a really great bittersweet ending at first. They lost their studio, but they left with their heads held high because they still had each other and the support of their fans, and Walter finally gets to live his lifelong dream of working with his heroes. It was a perfectly heartwarming, and gutsy ending. But then, at the very last minute, during the end credits the writers just say "nope, never mind". It was so rushed, and it really cheapened the ending, and kind of undermined the message of the whole movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For one, the fact that the movie focused so much on Gary and Mary's relationship, it took a lot of screen time away from the Muppet characters.
Well, one of the teaser trailers pretty much spelled it out for us: the movie was going to be about Gary and Mary's relationship, and, oh yeah, the Muppets are thrown in there somewhere.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I disagree. I think the Muppets got quite a bit of airtime in that. I especially liked it in the "Me Party" song, when the Gary/Mary relationship (or lack thereof as far as the song was concerned) was compared with the Kermit/Miss Piggy relationship.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The Gary & Mary stuff was tolerable and didn't last that long, so I'm perfectly fine with them.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Gary & Mary stuff was tolerable and didn't last that long, so I'm perfectly fine with them.
The Gary and Mary stuff was mostly fine, but what i'm saying is, for what the writers were doing there was just too much of them. The movie was supposed to be a revival of the Muppets, and Jason and Nick were clearly trying to write in as many characters as they could, including very obscure ones like Wayne and Wanda, and Afgan Hound. But, because there were so many scenes with Mary and Gary, when certain characters show up they're reduced to short, pointless cameos, and it feels like they were just thrown in at the last minute. And i'm sure had they replaced a couple of Gary/Mary scenes, we could've gotten a little Rizzo and Robin in there too.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The Gary and Mary stuff was mostly fine, but what i'm saying is, for what the writers were doing there was just too much of them. The movie was supposed to be a revival of the Muppets, and Jason and Nick were clearly trying to write in as many characters as they could, including very obscure ones like Wayne and Wanda, and Afgan Hound. But, because there were so many scenes with Mary and Gary, when certain characters show up they're reduced to short, pointless cameos, and it feels like they were just thrown in at the last minute. And i'm sure had they replaced a couple of Gary/Mary scenes, we could've gotten a little Rizzo and Robin in there too.
I get what you mean. At least they fixed that in MMW.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Something I just realized.

Gary and Mary have the same names as one you would refer to a character who's too perfect. Mary-sue and Gary-Stu.

Something that popped up in my head....