Confessing Crushes...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I got a story of not who I had a crush on, but who had a crush on me.

Minnie Mouse.

I've been lucky enough to go to Disney World three times in my life: when I was six, my senior year in high school, and my honeymoon. Each time I went, Minnie's crush on me blossomed.

Back when I was little, interaction between characters and guests wasn't that much. They'd wave, you'd wave back, that was about it. No big rush to have your selfie with Mickey or anyone else. Not like today.
During the parade, Minnie came over and blew me a kiss. That's it. that's fine.

Fast forward to 1986. A bunch of us posing for pictures. Still nice to have a souvenir (and a Kodak moment) but still not on the scale it is now.
Everyone got their chance to pose with Minnie, snap the pictures (with an actual CAMERA, no cell phones yet). Minnie put her arms around me and flash went the camera.

But Minnie didn't let go. For the next five minutes, she stroked my back, my hair, even rocked me like we were sharing a slow dance at the prom. This was....nice! When she finally let go, 18-year-old me was almost delirious from being held in her loving arms.

Now it's 2001. Meet and greets with characters have become a huge racket. They set aside Mickey's Toontown just for this purpose. Vendors selling pens and autograph books like they're going out of style. At various times, in various locations, a whole busload of characters will get out, do a dance number, then spend 15 minutes schmoozing with the guests. With some characters, they have staff members to keep order, or you'll have people pushing and shoving to get their picture with their favorite character. Disney knows how to create a demand.

Super Bowl Sunday night, 2001. The park is fairly empty (almost unheard-of other times of the year). My wife and I having dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Dressed in colonial garb were Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale,... and Minnie!
Most people were either home or watching the parade, so we had the whole restaurant to ourselves. We had plenty of time to eat, and plenty of time for the characters to shower us with fun and love.

Someone put some music on. My wife danced with the other four characters, I got to dance with Minnie. Pluto had to split early, but Chip and Dale were fighting with each other to see who danced with my wife. Finally Goofy stepped in, and Chip and Dale danced with each other.

Once again Minnie held me in a tight squeeze, and held on for what seemed like forever.

Spoiler- most of the characters, even males like Donald and the Seven Dwarfs, underneath the costume is a tiny little female. Disney has strict height requirements and if you're a small, petite little thing, you'll be in high demand.

So the girl playing Minnie could not have been more than 5 feet at most. But during the dance, not only did she hug the stuffings out of me, she actually LIFTED ME OFF MY FEET!!
Now, I'm just under 6 feet, 160 pounds back then. For someone that small, in full costume, to pick me up, that takes some doing!
I don't know who enjoyed the dance more, Minnie or me.

Hopefully in a few years, we'll be able to go back. Gotta save up a few more pennies first.

I wonder what Minnie will do to me next time. Time will tell. 8)
We have a video of me at King's Island when I was younger. The more I watch it, the more I notice that Cindy Bear from Yogi had a crush on me. That's really strange to think that my first admirer was a cartoon bear, :stick_out_tongue:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Well, it's official. I have a crush on Stacey:

I can't help it. She's SO cute. I still like Petunia but in terms of having a ginormous crush on her, she's second after Giggles currently.

Last edited:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Other adorable Stacey pictures:
How the poor girl lost her tail, :frown:
The jeans thing has become a running gag. Is it normal to think she's hot in those jeans?
My two favorite HTF girls hanging out (it makes me happy to know that their friends and that I'm not crushing on Giggles' rival. That'd be like a guy who likes both Amy Rose and Rouge the Bat)
I think this might have a happy ending *nudge nudge, wink wink* (note:I know that's an innuendo, but in my defense it is a pretty subtle one. I doubt little kids would get that)
Her sister hates dirty things and she does THIS!? Talk about The Odd Couple, am I right?
She's friends with Brushy, too? Dang, this girl is best friends with all of my HTF crushes, isn't she?
I feel the same way when I look at this picture
Remember that time, Giggles grew a tail? It pretty much made me feel stupid because I took biology class for a whole year and didn't realize that the chipmunk didn't have a tail
Is that Elvis? If so, I have some advice for Stacey:Stay off of his blue suede shoes
These two are better friends than Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers. Wait.....WHAT!? (I don't mean the guy who plays Austin Powers, by the way. Jeez, I can see why choose to go by Mike not Michael, :stick_out_tongue:)
Why does every girl in that universe seem to be in love with Cuddles? Maybe it's a play on Jessica Rabbit or something, I'm just speculating here.
Is Stacey pregnant or did she put on a few pounds? The animator doesn't seem to specify
She's got a wardrobe full of tails apparently. That'd be perfect for Comic-Con, she could be Miles "Tails" Prower one year and Bucky o Hare the next (does anyone remember that character or am I just crazy? lol, :stick_out_tongue:)
This is already disturbing but it gets MUCH creepier when you realize that a fetish for this kind of weird picture exists (why, just, WHY!?)
While you walk through the woods of the beautiful Happy Tree Town, try not to think about that horrifying Skeletor wannabe lurking in the woods at night who probably wants to feed on your flesh and you'll be fine, :smile:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have another one to admit. I've been crushing on Buffy the Vampire Slayer's actress lately. That's right, the legend herself:Sarah Michelle Gellar. It's probably because of how she has been on Robot Chicken a few times due to being a frequent member in Seth Green's social group of friends. But also because being a young adult male who has alwayed preferred blondes since childhood, it's no surprise that I think she's cute, :smile:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have a few other real people/non-animated ones to admit:
-A friend of mine from the library
-Tara Strong
-Jessie from Disney Channel's Jessie
-Lia Marie Johnson from AwesomenessTV (My mom caught on to this one as soon as I asked her to tape the Terry the Tomboy movie on our DVR)
-Several female YouTubers who I'm subscribed to (I'm not giving out any usernames due to the fact that they aren't well known YouTube celebrities and may want to remain anonymous)
-Jackie and Donna from That 70s Show
-
My 5th Grade swim class teacher (Seriously, seeing that girl in a bikini every day during the beginning of puberty messed me up bad, lol :stick_out_tongue:)

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I have another confession to make: not only do I have a girl crush on Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe, but I also have one on Blue Pearl, too:

C'mon, don't tell me she's NOT adorable. Just look at her!

You know, I must have a thing for characters with blinding bangs...
(If you're unaware, I was referencing a certain TV Trope.)
She's got a wardrobe full of tails apparently. That'd be perfect for Comic-Con, she could be Miles "Tails" Prower one year and Bucky o Hare the next (does anyone remember that character or am I just crazy? lol, :stick_out_tongue:)
Oh look, someone else who knows who Bucky O'Hare is. Cool. You no crazy, h'okay? :rolleyes:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have another confession to make: not only do I have a girl crush on Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe, but I also have one on Blue Pearl, too:

C'mon, don't tell me she's NOT adorable. Just look at her!

You know, I must have a thing for characters with blinding bangs...
(If you're unaware, I was referencing a certain TV Trope.)

Oh look, someone else who knows who Bucky O'Hare is. Cool. You no crazy, h'okay? :rolleyes:
I only know him from Robot Chicken, lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I think I'm gaining a bit of a liking towards the sister from Stranger Things.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Quick question about fictional crushes:Is it normal to hate a character just because s/he's the rival of the one your crushing? I recently discovered the fanmade HTF character, Lucly and as soon as I found out that Giggles doesn't like her and that she's mean to her. I immediately began to hate the character. Does anybody else feel that way about your beloved character's nemesis?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can already tell you I have a thing for Lauren Cohan in The Walking Dead. I mean, hey, she's gorgeous.

Too bad I'll never be her Steven Yuen. :frown: