Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Oh, okay. I listened to that and I noticed the slight difference in :smile:'s voice there, but maybe it's just my ears because I just read Duke's post about Steve rerecording those lines. So I'm not sure about that one.
Yeah, he re-recorded them later on. The "fake" Kermit voice was kept in for this early edition of the game, though. You can hear the redubbed version here.
11:57

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, he re-recorded them later on. The "fake" Kermit voice was kept in for this early edition of the game, though. You can hear the redubbed version here.
11:57
Oh, okay. That makes more sense then. Lol. I'll listen to that and I'll listen to the first one again as well when I get a chance and make some comparisons.

You're not alone, really, I notice a number of people here who have noted a difference in Kermit's personality with Steve as well - a mellow, almost subdued personality in comparison to Jim's easily flustered Kermit who was quick to fly off the handle.
Well, Steve's :smile: had his share of outbursts too, specifically in MTI and VMX, but I see what you mean. It was more common with Jim's :smile:.

When Dave leaves (which should NOT happen in a very long time) I think Peter would be a good recast. I hear a similarity in his voice for Gonzo.
I could actually picture Marty as :concern:. I noticed in 90s movies, Gonzo's voice does sound a bit like Telly's, but I'm not sure Marty really does any characters outside of Sesame Workshop.

Last edited:

gravy

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I screamed so you didn't have to.

JT Yorke

Reaction score
This is so heartwarming to read.. he even feels like he failed us fans, Steve is such a great person.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So Disney made this decision not Steve.
Figures.
Anyone else having trouble posting on Steve's new blog? I keep trying to post a nice comment, but I keep getting taken to a coding error page.
I got the same error message, but my comment still went through anyway, so I guess there's no real concern there.