Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yup. "The new Kermit sux!" "What the **** happened to Kermit?!" "What's wrong with Kermit's voice?" "#NotMyKermit" "Why did Brian Henson stop performing Kermit?" "Unacceptable! He needs to be exactly the same!" "I will never watch the Muppets again!"

I mean, that was pretty much the reaction over Artie's Kermit, wasn't it?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I feel really bad for Matt. He is going to have a very tough road ahead of him. It was different when he was Caroll's and Jerry's understudy. Unless he was also Steve's witch seems unlikely.
As for the negative reaction, it's already starting to show.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Is that where Artie Esposito as Kermit originated, or was he just a backup from the start? I actually found something featuring him performing Kermit just today (
, was uploaded in February) and was wondering how Artie got involved.
Artie is a pretty good Kermit, I'll admit. Whoever was Fozzie at the end of that video did a pretty good job too. The Gonzo was actually really good, I'm quite impressed.

Piggy was super cringeworthy though...

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Artie is a pretty good Kermit, I'll admit. Whoever was Fozzie at the end of that video did a pretty good job too. The Gonzo was actually really good, I'm quite impressed.

Piggy was super cringeworthy though...
Brett O'Quinn (the Gonzo here) wound up doing him for the Muppets Ahoy! live show in 2006.

And The Late Show With Stephen Colbert did a parody of the news this week:

Rick Lyon did that.

Newsflash

Reaction score
Yes what happened to Steve Whitmire is very unfortunate. It is a shame what he`s had to go through. Nonetheless, life goes on and I look forward to hearing Matt Vogel doing Kermit. Thank you, Steve for all the years you gave us as Kermit, Rizzo and Ernie. We wish you only the best.