Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Dave, what about Caroll? What about Jerry? Both of them probably would have been dropped looong before now.
First of All Caroll Spinney Doesn't work for Disney, and Jerry Nelson's been dead for almost five years (Even before hand Jerry Left the Muppets in 2003)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nevertheless, the point was if it was because of age, then Caroll or Jerry would have been let go long ago due to similar circumstances.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll ever find out what actually happened. I'm not holding my breath, but the curiosity is driving me crazy lol.

My guess would be some sort of creative differences. Maybe Disney was trying to make him do things he didn't like or wasn't comfortable with.

I'd hate to think they were unhappy with his performances.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
If he was fired because Disney thought He was the cause of poor box office from the last two movies or poor ratings on the 2015 Muppets show Disney are way off the mark I happen to love Muppets 2011 and Muppets Most Wanted and The Muppets 2015 show I think for whatever reason the public for the most part has lost interest in the Muppets? Also why was the show in 2015 canceled It was doing pretty good ratings wise. Like I brought up a show like Fresh Off The Boat that Debuted in February 4th 2015 and was on the same night as The Muppets in the Fall of 2015 that is still on the air Is FOTB any better then Muppets 2015? point is Whitmire Is not the problem none of the voice actors are the problem, the problem is like I said less people care for the Muppets and It would help to market the brand better put more Muppets stuff out there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's quite a bit of inside info floating around from different sources, but a lot of it's supposed to be hush-hush, so I think for the time being, all we can do is just wait and see what further public information we receive from either of the two parties.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Another thing I was thinking Is maybe Disney has an Idea for a Muppets Movie or TV show and Whitmire didn't Like there Idea thought It wasn't a Muppety storyline? The Good news If this Is true we might be getting New Muppets Content hopefully Its good. Frank Oz didn't Like the idea of Muppets 2011 Mostly a Jealousy thing from what I can tell Oz came up for the plot for a Muppet movie wanted to direct It but Disney in his Opinion shunned him and went with Jason Segel's idea instead. Could be something like That heck maybe Whitmire suggested Oz Direct his movie and Whitmire said either let Oz Direct his Muppet movie or I'm out so they said fine good bye your fired. I happen to Like Muppets 2011 It felt like Classic Muppets I think Oz Is bitter and sounds insane with his hate for the film.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Frank Oz Knew of the quality and effort it took for the Muppets to shape what they are now
But he didn't like Muppets 2011 I disagree with Oz on that big time. I was a Lurker on here back in 2011 the sentiment on this forum was most people Loved Muppets 2011 and the same for Muppets Most Wanted.