Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, Disney was supposedly working on that Halloween special years ago but ended up shelving it.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
No! Just when he proved himself worthy of being the next Link Hogthrob in the new Pigs in Space shorts?!

Okay, so Kermit has been recast, but what about his other characters--Rizzo, Beaker, Bean, Statler, Link, Ernie--who should perform them?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
That's really a shame. While I'm glad there was no "big scandal" that led to his departure, it is really sad to see him go while he's fighting for the Muppets we know and love. As always, I wish the best to Matt as we slowly approach Monday.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Steve's departure, his words, his actions... they're all starting to hit me deeper. It sometimes takes me a bit longer to emotionally process things - especially shocking news.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I just want to give that man a big hug right now.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I honestly think The Muppets would do really well if they did TV specials for a while. Maybe they could have a bunch of holiday specials like the Peanuts.
Well they've done that and they never end up being great. That Gaga misfire was the worst.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So, Steve just posted again, clarifying a little on his first one and he seems to be subtly indicating that his dismissal was mostly due to creative differences.

'It is no longer the Muppets if core values are lost or discarded. While I fought very hard for the integrity of the Muppets over the last twelve years largely to my own detriment, maybe I should have fought even harder and louder…and, yes, I would have likely been gone sooner… I fear I was the last samurai.'

That statement speaks volumes, which if anything, makes the situation even more annoying. Disney didn't like what he had to say after all. Which goes back to the reason why I can't trust the Muppets Studio to do the right thing.
I hope he's talking about stuff like Muppets Wizard of Oz and VMX, because I really liked Muppets 2011 and MMW. So sad that he got kicked out doing something right.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Now I Didn't like the Muppets 2011, but that was mostly due to the HUMAN Casting of the film and the need of not truly rehashing a familiar plotline. I like the film if it was more like the Muppets take Manhattan and use unknown actors and Actresses and work with them and the Muppets.

Frank Oz had the right idea on that movie and how to manage the Celebrity cameos better.

Oz had better experiences with the Muppets and had Disney brought him on to be a consultant, then maybe the recent Muppet ideas wouldn't be so mixed in reviews.
I thought The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan had just as many humans in it as the 2011 movie if not more with some of them. Muppets Christmas Carol the main character was Michael Caine a human.

one of my favorite scenes in the 2011 movie was when Kermit and Fozzie were sleeping in hammocks talking before bed it just felt Muppets To me and there were a lot of scenes throughout the 2011 movie and Muppets Most Wanted that felt like classic Muppets,

muppetperson

Reaction score
Steve has posted another blog, and he mentions about the direction the Muppets are going in, and that he should of stuck up for them more, and
maybe he would of gone sooner. That is the strongest clue as to why Disney recast him.