Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump. So, Guille (Sawing14s/MuppetVJ/Boober_Gorg) recently uploaded these photos to the Wiki:

("I'm Square")
("Wonderful Me")

He also posted photos and info for this song: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Surprise_(Geiss/Pottle)

I wonder if he got access to more rare episodes, or just these stand alone clips...either way, I hope they're all uploaded to YouTube sometime soon (especially the "Surprise" song)!

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I heard about the "Surprise!" song with Big Bird (some people I noticed even got it mixed up with the Little Jerry song). I would love to see it myself one day.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

gravy

Reaction score
I've seen the sketch with Luis, Kermit and Cookie before! I think on a SS Podcast or something...

gravy

Reaction score
Which one? The only time I can recall it being shown during the 21st century was on a 2003 Sesamstrasse home video (dubbed in German, of course).
I don't remember, maybe on a classic episode on youtube... But what I know is I DO remember seeing that sketch very well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I find the cutaways for "Surprise!" hilarious, and the voice overs from Frank Oz sure add to the humor. I liked the Stuie Monster cameo especially.

cjd874

Reaction score
Update on the rare clips. Go to the 8:21 mark and you'll be pleasantly "SURPRISED" :wisdom: :super:! :wink: At 24:06, you'll find "I'm Square" :frown:, and at 27:40, you'll find "Wonderful Me" :wisdom:! (Honorable Mention: At 8:24, you'll be treated to Gordon and Olivia's "Little Sister is a Big Girl Now" which used to be on Sesamestreet.org) http://brbl-dl.library.yale.edu/vufind/Record/4179758

As for the clip starring Luis, :smile: and :insatiable:, jump to 2:02! http://brbl-dl.library.yale.edu/vufind/Record/4191966
HALLELUJAH! What a day to be a Sesame Street fan! It's been almost five years since I first heard about "Surprise," and now I've finally seen it. I'm also happy about seeing the TV versions of "I'm Square" and "Wonderful Me," as well as the sketch with Luis, Kermit, and Cookie Monster. I think the last one was a remake of a first-season skit with Ernie and Gordon, if I'm not mistaken.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Surprise song exceeded my expectations. It's sketches like that that make you realize why the cast members stayed on the show as long as they did. They all look like they're having so much fun! Also, it's always really great to get to see Frank Oz's characters interact with the human cast.