New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I remember you! Bryon is your name, isn't it? I'm pretty sure you've been here longer than 5 years ago . . . I believe we were MySpace friends waaay back when MySpace used to still be a thing, and gosh, that was many ages and moons ago. :stick_out_tongue:

Nice to see another old face around here again! :excited:
Hey, Snowthy! It's me, Bryan! Yes, you're right...it was 12 years ago that I joined. I think that was a typo.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's great to have you back with us Bryan, there's a lot that's gone on since the last time you were here. Also spotted SyllaBren online, maybe that's a new account for Sylende. Hopefully some of the rest of the old crowd show up, we'll probably start singing "Together Again, Again". :smile:

BEAR 2

Reaction score
It's great to have you back with us Bryan, there's a lot that's gone on since the last time you were here. Also spotted SyllaBren online, maybe that's a new account for Sylende. Hopefully some of the rest of the old crowd show up, we'll probably start singing "Together Again, Again". :smile:
Thanks, Ed! Boy, did it take a long time to get through security. What is this, LAX during the holidays!? Haha! Its nice to be on here again. I do wish the rest of the old gang were here. I wonder what happened to them... I actually havent heard from Beth in years! Is she even on Facebook anymore?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn't know since I don't really use Facebook, just keep getting status or photo updates that get truncated in the message heading itself. :frown:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi, Friends! I'm not exactly new to MC. I actually joined 12 years ago as BEAR. I was so happy to find such a wonderful, fun, and passionate place to share with others one of my great loves, the work of Jim Henson and company. Back then, I was 23 years old, almost done with with college with a degree in theater and 3 years away from getting married. I was pretty active here in discussions and games and bonded with some wonderful friends. There came a point when life kind of took over and my focus went in other directions. I moved to NYC, started working a lot on theater projects, I became a professional puppeteer starting my own puppet company, and even performed on Disney Cruise Line for a couple of years, but I never loved my passion for the Muppets. I just fed my passion outside the forum. Well, 12 years later, I'm still in NYC and living my entertainment dreams, now minus a wife. We split last year. So now I am starting a new chapter in my life. Things have been hard at times lately, but I always remember what cheers me up when I'm feeling down...the fuzzy silly and charming Muppets. So I thought of Muppet Central and decided to check back in. Well, I wasn't able to sign into my old account. So, I started a new one -- BEAR 2! I don't know how active I'll be, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents in when inspiration strikes me. Add there is SO MUCH to discuss lately... changes to Sesame Street, Steve Whitmire's exit, Sesame Street's 50th anniversary coming up, what's next for the Muppet clan, Julie's Greenroom, etc.

I love all things Muppet, but my focus has always been on Sesame Street. I watched it ever since I was a baby and somehow never really grew out of it. It was such a wonderful example of community and family of friends. I always felt like Gordon, Maria, Bob, Linda, Big Bird, etc, were like my other family, which is why I got so strangely emotional when i heard Bob, Gordon and Luis were being "evicted". It was like we never got to say goodbye to old friends. I don't watch as frequently now but i still follow and check in. The format and style has changed. The stories are different but what can we do. My dream is to work there. That's how passionate i am about the show and its message.

It's nice to be back in the MC neighborhood!
Hey....you made it!!YAAAAYYYYY!!!! waving arms a la :smile: style. Welcome back!! (I'd post the theme to Welcome Back Kotter but i ...nah..) Anyway glad you're finally back & great to see ya!

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Hey....you made it!!YAAAAYYYYY!!!! waving arms a la :smile: style. Welcome back!! (I'd post the theme to Welcome Back Kotter but i ...nah..) Anyway glad you're finally back & great to see ya!
Thanks! It took a while, but I made it.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
Also spotted SyllaBren online, maybe that's a new account for Sylinde. Hopefully some of the rest of the old crowd show up, we'll probably start singing "Together Again, Again". :smile:
Yup, I'm back! and it's great to be back even if it's under the horrible circumstance of Steve being dismissed.

I see so many new faces, but a lot of old faces too -- it's great to see all of you again, to reconnect after so long. I hope you've all been well.

For those who don't remember me or know me, I was the lady who ran the now-defunct MUP3 file-sharing website "Muppet Musique" many, many years ago. Muppet music is still a love of mine though so if you're ever looking for an mp3 in particular, feel free to send me a private message and I'll try to help you out. :smile:

Much love to all of you. <3