Songs You Can't Stand

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Pretty much everything by Taylor Swift...which unfortunately the crap Muzak station on the PA at my workplace plays in heavy rotation. Shallow teen pettiness which has no business among adults. I know this isn't a popular stance, but every lyric of hers makes me want to force her to grow up and acknowledge that other people exist...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, we have problems like that as well with one of our location radio stations that plays, "Today's hits, and all your favorites!" At times, they feel like the "All-Taylor All the Time" station.

They also have a problem with playing only one certain song from other artists over and over and over again . . . like we know Adele's got albums full of tracks, yet it's like "Send My Love" is her only song on the radio right now. Same with Lorde and Carly Rae Jepsen: both of them finally have other songs now, and yet it's only "Royals" and "Call Me Maybe" they always play on the radio . . . the latter of which is suddenly popular again, for whatever reason, because it's on all the time again.

And don't even get me started on Meghan Trainor and her annoy and overly auto-tuned robot voice.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Lorde and Carly Rae Jepsen: both of them finally have other songs now, and yet it's only "Royals" and "Call Me Maybe" they always play on the radio . . . the latter of which is suddenly popular again, for whatever reason, because it's on all the time again.
What? Call Me Maybe is popular in your area again? OMG, i'm so sorry!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Same with Lorde and Carly Rae Jepsen: both of them finally have other songs now, and yet it's only "Royals" and "Call Me Maybe" they always play on the radio . . .
To be fair, "Royals" is a great song.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, I don't dislike "Royals," but, heh, the story about Lorde really amuses me, because not too long ago, she was in an Uber, and she got upset because the driver didn't recognize her as a celebrity (this after he kept telling her about his previous passenger was a celebrity) . . . even though at that time, "Royals" was pretty much her only song, lol. So, maybe now that she has more songs, she'll get more of the recognition she feels she deserves. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sick of "Scars to Your Beautiful."

It's not a bad song at all, but I mean it's on the radio every single fricken day, sometimes twice a day, and that can get very tiring.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
ANYTHING by Justin Bieber. Just hearing him makes me want to gouge my eardrums out with a spork. This is why I don't listen to the radio anymore. Long live my iPod!

"The Christmas Shoes." Ugh, I hate that song.

I'm not too crazy about anything by N'Sync, the Backstreet Boys, or Britney Spears, either, actually. Try being a Monkees fan surrounded by these groups in high school. I was constantly picked on for my tastes in music/television/etc.