Songs You Can't Stand

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Alot of modern pop/electro music where there's so much autotune and it's just obvious that the song is sampling another song. (Looking at you, Flo-Rida).

I can also say I'm in the minority when I say this, but I can't stand Adele - her music all sounds the same, just depressing and sad and her voice just goes through me. I will admit I don't mind her normal speaking voice with her lovely British accent, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My mom's best friend hates Adele like a sickness, lol.

I don't mind Adele too much, but I will definitely agree that her music has a tendancy to sound the same; certain songs like "Rolling in the Deep" or "Someone Like You" (the latter of which I do, actually, like) seem to be the exception, but for the most part, yep, her other songs sound too similar. Right now, "Send My Love" is being worn out on the radio, as if it's her only song anymore.

Then again, I've noticed there's certain artists or groups you can tell their music right off the bat within the first opening notes, like Hall & Oates for example: a majority of their songs have a very familiar sound to them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Let's not forget AC/DC seems to end every song with the same guitar note (though they're still an awesome band to listen to).

Schfifty

Reaction score
Let's not forget AC/DC seems to end every song with the same guitar note (though they're still an awesome band to listen to).
AC/DC's still good alright, even after Axl Rose stepped in for Brian. I don't get all the dislike for Axl though, since he can pretty much get in Brian's vocal range, and it doesn't detract much from the music.

Once Angus Young leaves, however...

Old Thunder

Reaction score
AC/DC's still good alright, even after Axl Rose stepped in for Brian. I don't get all the dislike for Axl though, since he can pretty much get in Brian's vocal range, and it doesn't detract much from the music.

The big question is... why have Axl step in when you could've gotten Udo Dirkschnieder?? :concern:

Seriously, listen to an Accept song sometimes, maybe Balls to the Wall or Fast as a Shark. The guy is perfect for AC/DC.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

I think it's just the case of hardcore fans not liking change. I was a bit skeptical myself, but I'll determine my opinion once I actually listen.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
I'm not one to rant about stuff very often, but this seems like the perfect thread for me to mention the worst possible excuse for a "smooth jazz" radio station.

I have always loved jazz stations and jazz music, and there used to be a really great one around here, with lots of variety, and a great Christmas playlist I'd always look forward to each year, until a couple years ago it was replaced with a top 40 hits station. Now there's a new one I've been hearing for the past few weeks, but it barely lives up to its "smooth jazz" name.

It seems they play more pop and funk music rather than jazz, which I don't mind, but is false advertising, and rather disappointing. The few jazz songs they do play, they play them like twice every day. Songs like "Gypsy Soul" and "Pick Up The Pieces" are cute and fine every so often, but now every time I go out in the kitchen and these songs come up -- well, I don't exactly go crazy, nor do I grumble and groan. It's really just a minor annoyance, but it gives me something to talk about!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jazz has all kinds of different subgenres, including those such as "Nu Jazz," "Acid Jazz," "Jazz Funk," "Trip-Hop," and others - this is usually the more experimental/avant garde side of jazz, and a lot of it has pop/funk/hip-hop influence. Personally, I really like it, if only because I've grown more and more attracted to things that are "different" in music, movies, TV, etc.

But then again, jazz by its very nature is traditionally unstructured and experimental music, so it kind of makes sense that it would spawn all of these different little subgenres.

cjd874

Reaction score
Jazz has all kinds of different subgenres, including those such as "Nu Jazz," "Acid Jazz," "Jazz Funk," "Trip-Hop," and others - this is usually the more experimental/avant garde side of jazz, and a lot of it has pop/funk/hip-hop influence. Personally, I really like it, if only because I've grown more and more attracted to things that are "different" in music, movies, TV, etc.

But then again, jazz by its very nature is traditionally unstructured and experimental music, so it kind of makes sense that it would spawn all of these different little subgenres.
I was driving with a friend of mine today, and he put on a really eclectic mix of music: "Miles Runs the Voodoo Down" by Miles Davis, "The Sound" by Bassnectar, and "River Man" by Brad Mehldau. All three of them fall under a subgenre of jazz: Miles is bebop, Brad is soft jazz, and Bassnectar is trip-hop. Look at how jazz music started, and look at where it is now. There are no limits to what music is or will be. In the end, music is whatever it is.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
That reminds me - there are certain genres that are complete crap too.

• Modern Country:
    Classic country is cool, like Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, and above all, Johnny Cash, one of my absolute favorites, but modern country is the same lame song topics sung by the same lame voices and plainly sucks. Turn that radio off.

• Reggae:
    I'm all for Bob Marley, but pretty much everything else can get lost.

• Christian music:
    I grew up with this stuff, so I've got a pretty high tolerance level for it. Still, 99% of it is simply subpar music.

• Bluegrass:
    I frickin' hate it.