D'Snowth's Scale Model of Sesame Street

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh-oh, who had been missing from the neighborhood?
From the neighborhood?
From the neigh-bor-hoo-ood?
Who had been missing from the neighborhood?
The Muppets you didn't see any day?

Finally got some of the Muppets I had been missing all these years! I have to say though, I kind of under-estimated the size of some of these figures: Snuffy is a behemoth, but then again, Snuffleupaguses are supposed to be huge, lol. But Telly is almost as tall as Big Bird, which is kind of odd (also makes Baby Bear look puny in comparison), but at least I've finally got characters I've been needing.

At the same time, I had to buy a whole set just to get these guys, so I now have an extra Ernie, Bert, Cookie, and Super Grover (in used condition) - if anyone out there possibly has a Rosita and/or Herry Monster they wouldn't mind parting with and might be interested in a trade for my extras, PM me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and how long will the set changes that garnered such talk with the start of the HBO era will last?

Always admire/envy people who are creative enough and dedicated enough to create wide-spanning dioramas based on their franchisal fandoms. Thanks for posting Mupdates to your ever-changing representation of the Street. :jim:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's a really cool replica! Reminds me of when I once found this silly video on YouTube of a ghetto Sesame Street parody with toys and model sets and at one point "Fight the power" was playing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yup, and I even put my own Fisher-Price playset to similar use in one of my MORON LEAGUE shorts several years back:

But there's an interesting connection between SST and the movie DO THE RIGHT THING, aside from the fact that writer/director/co-star Spike Lee made that appearance on SST in the late 90s: Giancarlo Esposito played Mickey in the Camp Echo Rock arc, as well as Buggin' Out, the character in DO THE RIGHT THING who instigated the brouha over the pictures in the pizzarea (as Big Bird did in the parody).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I must say, I think you had too much fun making that... But that was funny! I give you props for pretty much trashing WMG in that vid (Warner sucks now anyway, at least with alot of their movies).

Both videos kind of remind me of Kablam's "Action Leauge NOW!" Meanwhile I'm thinking of checking out "Do the right thing" if it's on Netflix or available for purchase on YouTube.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both videos kind of remind me of Kablam's "Action Leauge NOW!"
That's exactly what my MORON LEAGUE shorts are an affectionate parody of, lol.

And yes, I did have the audacity to take a swipe at WMG since that was a period of time on YouTube where they were taking down videos over songs they didn't even own (including Muppet songs), though in hindsight, the joke is ironic, because those aliens are from SPACE JAM, which is, of course, a Warner Bros. movie, but that didn't even cross my mind at the time. Whoops, lol.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
WMG and YouTube in late 08-09/whatever to me was like the equivalent to that hourrendous Viacom takedown in February 2007 where we lost many Sesame Street clips that pretty much all re-surfaced (and sadly, a few 2006 YouTubers whom I somehow still remember.... Though I think they probably would have eventually disappeared anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yes, and all because they had the Noggin logo on them (even though Noggin had pretty much become full-blown Nick Jr. by that point).

Then there was that period of time in like 2011-13 or so when Lionsgate was removing SST clips because they had Henson titles on DVD including the 20th anniversary special that Jim produced.