The New Weekly Survey Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
1. If aliens really are out there should we be afraid, and why? Well, this is something i've actually thought about for quite a while. What if they are out there but they communicate in completely different ways from us? Could they misinterpret our gestures as threats? What if they hurt us and they don't even realize it? What if they discover us and decide to take over earth because we're just dumb insignificant animals to them?

2. Should aliens be more afraid of us?
Perhaps. If aliens show up on earth, I have no doubt that many people would freak out and maybe react in the wrong ways. What if humans see them as threats when they really aren't. What if we bring aliens to earth to study them, but they immediately die because there's too much water in the air, or because they don't breath oxygen. And they can't ask for help because they may not know how to communicate like humans do. Or maybe most aliens are like stupid animals. Would they die out like the dodos because they're too trusting of humans?

3. Pick a space franchise: Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Trek, Doctor Who, or Howard the Duck?
Hmmm, I enjoy all of these (except for Star Trek... and Howard the Duck) While I enjoy Star Wars i'll probably go with Guardians or Doctor Who.

4. Where would it be cooler to pee, in space or in a golden toilet in a mansion?
My tushy deserves a golden toilet.
5.Who do astronauts call on when they have a problem, Houston or Whitney?:

6. Muppet Babies or A Pup Named Scooby Doo?
Believe it or not I actually prefer "Pup". I mean, sure it was repetitive, but that's what makes Scooby Doo enjoyable. The voices on Muppet Babies always kind of got on my nerves.

7. Would you do a pig's laundry for free?
Pigs don't have laundry, unless they're Miss Piggy or Porky Pig.

8. Is love truly what makes a Subaru a Subaru?
No, it's capitalism. Capitalism is what makes a Subaru a Subaru :mad:

9. Howard the Duck: Yes or yes?
It was a trick question. The answer is always "no".

10. Why do cows? Why do they?
It's not about the "why" it's about the "how" :wisdom:

7. Would you do a pig's laundry for free? Depends on the pig.
You perverts! I have a wife and kids. Sickos.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
1. Best (professionally published) short story you've ever read? Tough... The Legend of Sleepy Hollow was a favorite of my younger days, but if I really had to choose I'd probably go with Sherlock Holmes in The Adventure of the Lion's Mane. It's not a very traditional Holmes story but it's my personal favorite. Also, despite Poe's writing style kinda confusing me, I'm kinda partial to Murders in the Rue Morgue as well.
2. Best (professionally published) novel you've ever read? Probably Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None... but it's tough to choose.
3. Best not-yet-published work of fiction you've read (fanfic counts)? The Life And Times Of Jim The Jinx, an ERS Novel on Sodor Island Forums. Considering most people here aren't die hard Thomas The Tank Engine fans, you probably have no clue what I'm talking about...
4. Best-written of the canon Muppet stories (i.e. those produced or licensed by Henson or Disney - film or print)? Gonna cop out and say The Muppet Movie...
5. Your favorite Muppet fanfic, if you have one? Never read any...
6. Best-written TV show currently running? Thomas & Friends. That's pretty much the only current thing I watch RN. :stick_out_tongue:
7. Best-written film? ...now that's tough. Gonna say it's between 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Die Hard, Silence of the Lambs, Jaws, The Princess Bride, you know what, screw it, I can't decide.
8. Worst book of fiction you've read (in terms of the actual writing, aside from theme or subject)? Hmm... no clue.
9. Worst-written TV show? No clue.
10. Worst-scripted film? ...no clue.
Princess Bride is also an excellent book. You get points for obscure Holmes & for my fave Dame Agatha novel.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, it wasn't quite the strongest episode, but for the most part i'm glad the writers opted more for character development than they did the scary monster part of it. I'm pretty terrified for season 2 because it's actually supposed to be darker and scarier than the first. I'm not sure that i'm ready for that. :concern:

Anyway, here's a new survey:
1. If aliens really are out there should we be afraid, and why?

2. Should aliens be more afraid of us?

3. Pick a space franchise: Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Trek, Doctor Who, or Howard the Duck?

4. Where would it be cooler to pee, in space or in a golden toilet in a mansion?

5.Who do astronauts call on when they have a problem, Houston or Whitney?

6. Muppet Babies or A Pup Named Scooby Doo?

7. Would you do a pig's laundry for free?

8. Is love truly what makes a Subaru a Subaru?

9. Howard the Duck: Yes or yes?

10. Why do cows? Why do they?
1. Alien life very likely exists. I doubt any of them are aware of us. Humans are erratic enough to be scary.
2. Yes.
3. Star Wars. And how the frog is Howard the Duck a franchise?
4 . Space.
5. They call Mark Watney.
6. Young Indiana Jones.
7. Nothing is free but I would do laundry in exchange for bacon.
8. My bro in law is a Subaru Ambassador. So for me it's sorta familial love, I guess.
9. ...
10. Just like me, cows want to be, close to yoooouuuu

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
1. If you were a fruit, which one would you be?

2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

3. Of the "one joke" Muppets, which do you like the best, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, or The Count?

4. With the firing of Steve Whitmire, who do you think Disney should fire next?

5. My future spouse must have: _____

6. For 10 million dollars would you... Dance the hula naked in front of your crush, or punch a guy in the face who's wearing glasses?

7. If you became the performer of any Muppet or SST character, which one would it be?

8. Why?

9. Where is it?

10. Do you hate really vague questions?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
1. If you were a fruit, which one would you be? A cherry.

2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I have no clue.

3. Of the "one joke" Muppets, which do you like the best, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, or The Count? Let Zealand.

4. With the firing of Steve Whitmire, who do you think Disney should fire next? Well aren't you a nice guy!

5. My future spouse must have: _____ A personality.

6. For 10 million dollars would you... Dance the hula naked in front of your crush, or punch a guy in the face who's wearing glasses? Well crap, for 10 million dollars I'd do either in a heartbeat! If I had to choose, the latter. I'll just punch him from the side... :wink:

7. If you became the performer of any Muppet or SST character, which one would it be? Take a look at my signature and you shall find out.

8. Why? Awesomeness is awesome.

9. Where is it? Long Beach.

10. Do you hate really vague questions? Killing me softly with your survey...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
1. If you were a fruit, which one would you be? A poisonous one, that way I won't be eaten.

2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? "
Stormageddan Dark Lord of All", or maybe just Phil.

3. Of the "one joke" Muppets, which do you like the best, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, or The Count?
Definitely The Count. He's a bit more flexible than the others.

That one crazy janitor who refuses to clean the CEO's bathroom and thinks he'll be the next Hannah Montana.

A face.

6. For 10 million dollars would you... Dance the hula naked in front of your crush, or punch a guy in the face who's wearing glasses?
Probably the latter, as freeing as the first option sounds.

7. If you became the performer of any Muppet or SST character, which one would it be?
Big Bird or Oscar, or maybe Telly.

8. Why?
Because, that's just the way it is.

9. Where is it?
How should I know! Go ask your mom.

No, if they're vague, then I can answer however I like.

Schfifty

Reaction score
1. If you were a fruit, which one would you be?

2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

8. Why?

9. Where is it?

1. A banana.
2. Why would I want to change my name? It's my name, and I don't want to change it. I like it just fine. No one can take it. I'm proud that it's mine.
3. The Count, just because he's awesome.
4. No one.
5. Class, and a kind heart.
6. I'll take neither.
7. That's a tough question....probably Count von Count.
8. Because I'm fairly good at doing a Transylvanian accent.
9. :confused:
10. Ones that aren't straightforward like the above one? Sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. I'd like to be a top banana, but I'm sure I'd only end up being a second banana. Actually, I think I'd be an apple . . . I'm already shaped like one.
2. Aloysius Zimmerplotz
3. Does Cookie Monster count?
4. The hack writers.
5. A great pair of legs. :stick_out_tongue:
6. The latter, I can think of a jerk who would have it coming to him.
7. Probably any character that has the inklings of a southern drawl in their voice.
8. Why not?
9. Under the bed.
10. I never read VOGUE before.