The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
So it's MONSTER HOUSE, GNOMEO AND JULIET, CORALINE, and HOME ALONE somehow blended all into one movie?
Apparently.

Just when we thought John H. Williams gave up... oh wait, there was Get Squirrely before this.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
Vanguard's previous films were flops, so there's a strong chance this will be, too.
Not to mention a small-time distributor giving it a "sort of" wide release of about 1000 theaters.

Oh, and that's nothing compared to their next film Charming, i.e. a Shrek/Tangled wannabe several years too late.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I think it could be still there, but I'm not sure. I read a post on DinosaurDracula recently about a dollar store in the same area which sells lots of neat things from 20 years ago, and they haven't updated their inventory. No idea if they sell the GUND Mumfie range, though, but it's a maybe. I saw the plush dolls at an arcade-there were some Mumfies and Pinkeys in one of the claw machines and a giant Mumfie and a Scarecrow plush up for redemption. I think the Mumfie was 3000 tickets or something and Scarecrow was 1,675 tickets. If you want plushies like these, Britt's coming out with some this year, but that's for a different topic.
Do you remember which arcade it was? Since I'm going to AC next week. It had to be either Central Pier or Playcade, as that's the two arcades that show up when I search "Atlantic City arcade". If they still have them, I'm gonna try to win one. (Did you win anything that trip?) And this is coming from someone who LIKES SpongeBob!

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
So...
...it appears that critics have trashed The Emoji Movie. Granted, I was expecting it to be bad...
...but not to get that level of negative reception.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So The Emoji Movie was #2 at the box office and made back about half its $50 million budget, above Smurfs: The Lost Village but far below the Hotel Transylvania and Cloudy movies. It might turn a profit either way, unfortunately, but hopefully the marketing costs would be too high for that.

We've also yet to hear from overseas grosses, which I'm dreading. :frown:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2017&wknd=30&p=.htm