Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So . . . I'm assuming if you're a partner channel, or have more than a certain number of subscribers, you're allowed more than just three add-ons for your videos endscreen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently YouTube's introduced something new that they're actually a little late to the punch with: if you hover your cursor over certain thumbnails, you'll see a brief 2-second animated gif of the video itself - this doesn't work for all thumbnails, but a lot of them.

However, other sites like Dailymotion have done this long ago, so as I said, YT's a little late with this one.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Apparently YouTube's introduced something new that they're actually a little late to the punch with: if you hover your cursor over certain thumbnails, you'll see a brief 2-second animated gif of the video itself - this doesn't work for all thumbnails, but a lot of them.

However, other sites like Dailymotion have done this long ago, so as I said, YT's a little late with this one.
Oddly enough, I think that's one of those features Youtube used every so often but then if disappeared after a few days. Because, i'm fairly certain they briefly had that feature before.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Certain features never seem to stick.

After all these years, I still take issue to the fact that one very useful feature they introduced years ago hardly lasted long at all, and that was the pop-out video player.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh. Had one new subscriber for only an hour, then they unsubscribed. Lol.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Anybody getting any comments from these certain kind of spammers lately?

"Hey,! I love your video and I hope you're having a fantastic day! I'm currently collecting money for poor people in *redacted*: https://*redacted* Even a small donation would be greatly appreciated! Anyways, I wish you the best. :smile: Peace & Love, *redacted*.

This came from a channel who got thankfully banned recently, but there are a few other identical channels spamming the same similar comment on tons of random videos. My channels unfortunately have been hit by this darn bot. :sympathy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm more annoyed with people who subscribe to my channel, then tell me, "Hey, I love your video! I just subscribed to your channel, now please subscribe to mine too!"

I need subscribers, but not ones who subscribe purely for the whole sub-for-sub scam.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here's one thing that annoys me about YouTube:

Those (obvious) annoying little kid comments where they just type one letter or spam a bunch of gibberish.

Or another instance where people feel the need to have to list the Muppet performers in every single Sesame Street skit (sorry, this kind of bugs me a little cause it's like we know who's performing who).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's one thing that annoys me about YouTube:

Those (obvious) annoying little kid comments where they just type one letter or spam a bunch of gibberish.

Or another instance where people feel the need to have to list the Muppet performers in every single Sesame Street skit (sorry, this kind of bugs me a little cause it's like we know who's performing who).
YES!!! I hate those like a sickness! Or, when they reply by just simply repeating your name! Gets on my nerves!

But anyway, I suddenly remembered something . . . anybody else remember all the way back in YT's early days, there was a friends system that was separate from subscribers? People could be added to friends lists without necessarily subscribing to channels, or vice-versa. I don't think it served any real purpose, but I don't know why I suddenly remembered that. I also remember another oddity about early YouTube that made even less sense: it was possible to subscribe to other people's favorites.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember the "friend" system. I think it pretty much went bye-bye once the current channel design came in in 2013. :rolleyes: