Video: Muppet Thought of the Week

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I would like to share a hilarious quote from the premiere episode of Muppet Fans Talking.
Steve Swanson: Are we not doing Toast and Roast or Burned Hamburgers or anything like that?
JD Hansel: What pig would you like to talk about? What have you seen recently with Miss Piggy? Tell me.
Steve: I would like to talk about Denise for a minute. No, I'm kidding.
JD and Steve laugh.
JD: Honestly at first, I thought you were serious. You got me.
Steve: Wait a minute, hold on. How funny would it be if Denise came back to do the Muppet Thought of the Week on YouTube?
JD: YES!
Steve: OH, MAN!
JD: Oh, please!
Steve: Oh, please. Just call Julianne, bring her in.
JD: Please, please, please.
Ooh, yes! Get Julianne to do these! I'd love to see Yolanda in one.

The newest one with Fozzie was actually pretty funny.

That one was pretty good. It's like I said before, these videos are much better when there's more then one character playing off each other.

Also, is it just me or did Fozzie's voice sound a little off?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Last Summer, Kirk Thatcher tweeted that he was directing a new Muppet series, one that wouldn't be "a big Muppet show to go goo-goo banana pants over" (and I might have phrased that incorrectly), then announced that the project had been canceled "for now" last fall.

But recently I was thinking about these (I think they are more heavily on our minds now that Matt Vogel will debut as Kermit in the next one), and I wondered if maybe this is that show, revived after all. They are good, but they're also pretty much "so okay it's average". Seems like the kind of Muppet show one wouldn't really go "goo-goo banana pants over".

So I asked Thatcher on Twitter if this was the show. And it is not that series.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
These are the video equivalent of tweets. I don't know why you'd think they'd be close to something worth going "goo-goo banana pants" over.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
These are the video equivalent of tweets. I don't know why you'd think they'd be close to something worth going "goo-goo banana pants" over.
I mean he said that the Muppet series, whatever it was, was not going to be a big show to go "goo-goo banana pants over", and I feel like this show isn't, either, which made me wonder if the Muppet thing Thatcher was working on was revived and was this. But he confirmed that it isn't.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something that I just realized: It's called Muppet Thought of the Week, as opposed to "Muppets Thought of the Week" (or "The Muppets Thought of the Week"). Could this mean that Disney has dropped using the plural for all uses of Muppet in the title?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Any news on what has happened to Kermit's Thought of the week? It was scheduled for a Monday, and then Thursday, all of which has passed.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Any news on what has happened to Kermit's Thought of the week? It was scheduled for a Monday, and then Thursday, all of which has passed.
Disney's probably waiting for all the drama to die down, which for the most part has. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it this coming Monday.

Don't quote me on that though. I could be wrong.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Disney's probably waiting for all the drama to die down, which for the most part has. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it this coming Monday.

Don't quote me on that though. I could be wrong.
Part of me would like to think that the reason for the delay
might be that Disney hasn't made Matt's Kermit final and
that they are waiting to see whether to bring Steve back
or not.