Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Couple more little things I've noticed.....

I now JUST noticed Frazzle's Pumpkin Anything Muppet pattern peeking out below in a few skits. I also noticed how that weird, bird-like monster that appeared in (from the looks of it) season 6 was made from the green Anything Muppet.

Also, from watching the song Say toothpaste, somebody!" I happened to notice how only the female singers have teeth. I found it odd why the others didn't (though probably cause of the shape of the mouths of the Pumpkin and Fat blue ones, though why the green guy didn't have any is beyond me).

Also, random note, but I feel like the pumpkin dentist was in another skit. Can anyone point it out?

gravy

Reaction score
Also, random note, but I feel like the pumpkin dentist was in another skit. Can anyone point it out?
I think the pumpkin AM was a dentist in a ''People in your Neighborhood'' skit, but I don't know if that's online.

cjd874

Reaction score
Something I've just realized: most of the "classic" Sesame Street specials involve Big Bird in pursuit of something, and occasionally going missing in the process. In Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, everyone starts looking for him while he sits on the roof to see if Santa can go down a chimney. In Don't Eat the Pictures, the Bird wanders off to search for Snuffy in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, so everyone stays overnight to find him. Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan feature the Bird and Barkley the Dog in search of a Phoenix and a lost tour group, respectively. And in the movie Follow That Bird, Big Bird runs away from the Dodos' house in Illinois, causing a major fracas for Miss Finch and his friends on Sesame Street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Something I've just realized: most of the "classic" Sesame Street specials involve Big Bird in pursuit of something, and occasionally going missing in the process. In Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, everyone starts looking for him while he sits on the roof to see if Santa can go down a chimney. In Don't Eat the Pictures, the Bird wanders off to search for Snuffy in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, so everyone stays overnight to find him. Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan feature the Bird and Barkley the Dog in search of a Phoenix and a lost tour group, respectively. And in the movie Follow That Bird, Big Bird runs away from the Dodos' house in Illinois, causing a major fracas for Miss Finch and his friends on Sesame Street.
I've noticed that as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I forget if I mentioned this before, I probably have, but I've always noticed the street sign is almost always pointing in the wrong direction: it points in the direction of whatever street would intersect Sesame Street, rather than Sesame Street itself.
And for some reason, it's facing the opposite direction in Follow That Bird. Which I think might have to do with the opening title sequence.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One thing I noticed and find pretty helpful is how seasons 3 and 4 had a really bright look to the show's, so you can pretty much tell if a skit came from one of those seasons.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was watching the visual thinking skit with the purple and pumpkin Anything Muppets and happened to notice the former's triangle-patterened shirt used on the season 1 hippie, Big Jeffy and Hardhead Henry Harris.... Was a jacket. I thought his green shirt was a scarf. Weird.

Also, it took me a while to notice How Now Brown was wearing a black muscle shirt with that red vest. I always thought it was a bandana.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think this might just be because of lighting, but I've noticed in some skits the Purple Anything Muppet shade seems to be darker with some characters and lighter with others. I could also say the same thing with the Pumpkin Anything Muppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It could have also been the early, primitive videotape cameras they used: remember, Jim originally wanted Oscar to be purple, but the cameras at the time couldn't record the particular shade very well and made him look like a washed-out magenta, hence why he became orange before he turned green.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can't even picture Oscar being purple..... That just sounds like a creepy pasta fanfic...... :eek: