Will ABC's The Muppets be released on DVD or Blu-ray?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'd love to own the show, but I'm not really holding my breath for a disc-based release.

Has anybody "in the know" heard about it coming out on Blu-ray or DVD?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I highly doubt Disney would waste any money on it. Not only did the show not last long enough but also, most people watch their shows via the internet now.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The whole series is on itunes, so their is little chance of DVD/Blu-Ray released.

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
Dang. That actually wouldn't be a bad idea. The thing is, it wouldn't be for a few years anyway. And also, people do watch things via Itunes or Amazon Prime.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think we can all agree on this. We should have known the show was in jeopardy when a first season DVD release announcement didn't come 3 or 4 episodes into the series like most shows do.

On the plus side, now those who hated the show won't whine about how the first season of The Muppets came out before Muppet Show seasons 4 and 5.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if it never happened.

Still, it would be nice if they came out with it. It's just one 16-episode release. Done and done :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Thread bump

If The Grinder could get a DVD release a year after its cancellation, I don't see why the muppets can't. Really don't see the harm in making a quick buck off of burning episodes onto a disc.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I did buy these episodes digitally on Amazon, which is better than nothing I guess.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Thread bump

If The Grinder could get a DVD release a year after its cancellation, I don't see why the muppets can't. Really don't see the harm in making a quick buck off of burning episodes onto a disc.
I think Disney wants to bury the fact that this show ever existed.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sadly, that's probably the case.

As silly/outdated as it sounds, I have most of the episodes on a VHS tape (except 2, 10, and 11) and that works for me.