Video: 80's Sesame Street Music Mashup Parodies

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yup. I routinely listen to Comcast/xfinity's 80s Music Choice channel, and they do occasionally play some of his other hits like "Together Forever" and "She Wants to Dance With Me."

I will admit, most of his songs sound the same ("Together Forever" seriously sounds like "Never Gonna Give You Up" with different lyrics), but they're so obviously 80s-sounding, I can't help but enjoy them.

And, if you can believe it, he's actually planning a big comeback.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie when I say "Together Forever" is better than "Never Gonna Give You Up" imo.

His songs do sound very similar, but in a good way to me. Not as something like, oh, say, Chris Brown throwing a tantrum of his love life?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said before, there are certain artists and groups that have a similar sound to a majority of their songs, that just can tell it's them you hear the opening notes: Hall and Oates are another example of this, as is Michael Jackson.

Speaking of which, I swear "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" sounds like the kind of song M.J. would have written and orchestrated.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie when I say "Together Forever" is better than "Never Gonna Give You Up" imo.

His songs do sound very similar, but in a good way to me. Not as something like, oh, say, Chris Brown throwing a tantrum of his love life?
Lol, a lot of so-called 'one hit wonders' have much better songs than the ones they're 'known for'.

Also, I can barely listen to CB's new stuff, I stay listening to the song he did with David Banner and his early stuff lol

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, a lot of so-called 'one hit wonders' have much better songs than the ones they're 'known for'.
This is something else I can agree with. I mean Phil Collins is certainly no "one hit wonder," but I like many of his other songs like "Against All Odds," "Another Day in Paradise," "Sussudio," and others than I do his signature hit "In the Air Tonight."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Hall and Oates definitely has that music sound where you know it's them. (I also love that iconic picture of them looking at us all serious. :big_grin: )

You know, I really wish Phil Collins could have made a guest appearance on Sesame Street if he hasn't already.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, he has recently made a comeback and is touring again, so who knows? Maybe there's still an opportunity.

On an unrelated note, did you know Phil Collins auditioned to be on THE BUGALOOS? He apparently was one of the final choices to play I.Q. before it went to John McIndoe.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wouldn't have guessed.

Most Phil Collins news I've heard lately is just people ragging on him. And frankly I feel like it's just because they watched South Park. :rolleyes:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
What about 80s TV game shows? They've done 'Squeal of Fortune' and what about 'Geoparady!' 'With your host, Alex Tree-Beak!!!!!'