The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Snowthy, you could appreciate on Bewitched, one episode ("Hippie Hippie Hooray") with Samantha belting out "the Iffin' Song".
I'm a little more partial to "I'll Blow You a Kiss in the Wind"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Ace figures out that Lois Einhorne is actually Ray Finkle. During the climax, Ace tells the cops, Einhorne tells them that he's lying. Now, she clearly wouldn't want them to know, but she could have just said he was wrong instead of lying. Even if he really was wrong, he wouldn't be lying if he honestly believed it.

And then he proves that she was a man and this is enough to prove she's Finkle. But just because she's proven to have had a sex change doesn't mean she was who they were after. We know that she was, but she could have kept it a secret just to keep it a secret as opposed to hiding the fact that she was a wanted criminal.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I came to an interesting realization today. Two of my favorite shows have made a joke about Star Trek being turned into a stage show:
WARNING! Both contain slightly inappropriate content. Not recommended for children under 13
That's a pretty weird coincidence, huh!? As Spock would say "That is quite illogical,". Considering they have both been long runners, let's hope both shows will live long and prosper. Sorry I just had to make that joke, :stick_out_tongue:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The satirical TV show, The Critic did a parody called D.T. the Drunken Terrestrial that involved E.T. getting drunk. I found that hilarious when I was little but now that I think about it, there really is a scene from the actual movie where E.T. gets drunk. That's not much of a parody, actually.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've noticed that in the films themselves they pronounce the infamous Harry Potter villain's name, VoldemorT with an audible T at the end of it. But in the audiobook version (narrated by a British guy), he pronounces it like Voldemore with no T to be hear whatsoever. I wonder if British people pronounce it differently. Similar to how they changed the American title of the first film from the Philosopher's Stone to the Sorcerer's Stone.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Matt Vogel has the same birthday as my mother, except he's 16 years younger than my mother.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Matt Vogel has the same birthday as my mother, except he's 16 years younger than my mother.
My mom shares the same birthday as Gordon from SS (the character, not the actor). My aunt shares her birthday with Oscar the Grouch. We love to joke around with her about that, :stick_out_tongue:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's something I've never understood:How come they call the show Alvin and the Chipmunks. Alvin IS a chipmunk, that's a bit confusing if you ask me.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just realized that Lilo and Stitch is 15 years old as of this year. Crap, I actually feel old, :frown:.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Here's something I've never understood:How come they call the show Alvin and the Chipmunks. Alvin IS a chipmunk, that's a bit confusing if you ask me.
Considering his ego, I wouldn't be surprised if Alvin secretly suggested that name himself. :big_grin: