The "You know what?" thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Paris will be hosting the Summer Olympics for 2024, with Los Angeles hosting 2028. I think they should agree to switch places just for the sake of the 40th anniversary of the 1984 Olympics.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently, I've been getting into The Goldbergs, and recently got the first season DVD. In some of the bonus features, it's said that when they did the episode Goldbergs Never Say Die, which is an entire plot reference/tribute to the movie Goonies, most of the main actors had never seen the movie and the producers were concerned about doing the episode, I think part of the concert (besides the actors being unfamiliar with it) was that the target audience might be unfamiliar, but they ended up really enjoying the episode and it led to the show doing more episodes based on movies once a season.

And you know, I was born in 1984, but I've never seen Goonies.... And I must say, this is one of my favorite episodes from the first season, along with The Other Smother (due mainly to it's video store subplot), these are the two I have watched the most, and now I really want to see Goonies (I've found that it'll be airing on AMC next week). I guess it's a case of the Red Stapler Effect.

Additionally, as I keep watching that episode, I hear that song from the movie, R Good Enough, and I decided to look up the song online... and it sure is catchy.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I like joking that Matt Vogel CAN'T be Kermit, because one of the qualifications to become Kermit is being born on September 24.
Yeah, I've always thought the fact that Jim and Steve have the same birthday is proof that God has an ironic sense of humor, :stick_out_tongue:.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On Kenan and Kel, Kel's favorite drink is orange soda.

Kenan and Kel aired on Nickelodeon.

The Nickelodeon logo is orange.

Coincidence, or a subtle reference to Nickelodeon?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think a little of both.

From what I can remember, in the very early episodes of the show, Kel's biggest weakness was ham instead of orange soda, but Kel also happens to love orange soda in real life, so maybe the producers felt like it could work as a subtle reference to Nickelodeon as well by making it TV Kel's biggest vice too. There was even that blatant reference in the episode where an X-ray shows Kel's insides as bright orange from drinking so much orange soda, to which Kenan remarks, "Your insides are more orange than a Nickeoldeon logo!"

Last edited:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I just heard that Scooter Gennett, a utility player for the Cincinnati Reds, was a big fan of The Muppets and that Scooter is his favorite Muppet, which is why his nickname is Scooter. Kinda makes some people on here wanna root for him more huh? Lol

Daniel