Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's actually been a long time since this has happened, but YouTube is back to shoving channels down my throat that they want me to subscribe to that I have no interest in whatsoever.

Oh, and on top that, I've also occasionally been getting subscription updates . . . from 11 years ago.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Don't mind me asking, but has anyone been able to successfully actually block someone on YouTube nowadays?

Trying to block two annoying little kids named Michael and Albert; the former just says random stuff while the latter just comments "Albert fever sick and coughing again" and despite saying "unblock user", they can still comment. :rolleyes:

Granted, they've backed off for now but I'm sure they'll creep back up eventually

Schfifty

Reaction score
Don't mind me asking, but has anyone been able to successfully actually block someone on YouTube nowadays?

Trying to block two annoying little kids named Michael and Albert; the former just says random stuff while the latter just comments "Albert fever sick and coughing again" and despite saying "unblock user", they can still comment. :rolleyes:

Granted, they've backed off for now but I'm sure they'll creep back up eventually
I think I've been able to do it successfully. There have been a few times though where a comment from a blocked user will show up as a notification on my phone, but not on an actual computer, so they stay hidden.

And yeah, a while ago I blocked that person as well, because those same comments are pretty annoying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as notifications go, they keep getting weirder and weirder: my main YouTube channel is also on the same account as my Gmail and my Google+, so usually, whenever I would log into one, I'd receive notifications regarding the other services - like, say I was checking my email, I would have notifications from YouTube and Google+. But anymore, I'll only get notifications if somebody likes a comment I posted - if I get comments, or somebody replies to a comment of mine, I'll only see notifications for them if I'm actually logged into YouTube, rather than also get notifications for them in Gmail as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get all YouTube notifications on my phone, including a new upload, comments, etc.

Probably cause I have an android. :stick_out_tongue:

Schfifty

Reaction score
What is it with those comments that only contain a random time mark? Like, what's the point of commenting something like "10:40" or "4:08" and saying nothing else?

Schfifty

Reaction score
Well, it looks like pretty much every page on YouTube (the watch page, channel page, playlist page to name a few) just received makeovers, and they're all pretty big ones.

Not a fan of the new looks, and I particularly don't like how avatars are now enclosed in circular borders on YouTube, especially on channel pages. I also don't like how they've modified the rating system so that numbers over a thousand are now shortened to 1K or 2K. There's enough room underneath the video title, so why not just show the whole number?

I should've known this was coming, and so this will have to take some getting used to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's still the option to restore the previous version of YouTube for the time being.

As far as subscriptions go, they've shortened the numbers for a while now to K and M as well, and I'll agree that it's not particularly helpful, considering people who use YouTube may or may not be familiar enough with math to know what K and M stand for.